Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever included their mailbox in a yard theme? Of course, it can't interfere with the mail carrier's job. I've seen some seasonal "wrappers" to put on the mailbox but they're so....sweet. Bleck! Looking for some inspiration.

·
Registered
152 Posts
don't have time to include pics but I've seen stand-alone mailboxes (at the curb) with a monster hand and arm holding them up, mailboxes in the shape of a coffin, lots of other decorations glued to or around the mailbox- If you do a pinterest search for scary or haunted mailboxes it should yield some results. I am trying to figure out how to get a spitter mechanism in mine for this year.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,389 Posts
I'd think a traditional box (looks like a loaf of bread, opens at the end or ends) would look great as a monster fish or something with the door being the "mouth" - line the edge with craft foam "teeth", so the mailman has to risk his hand being chomped off.

·
Registered
Pirates
231 Posts
How about an old iPod, small speaker, with a spooky soundtrack/effects loop. Breathing, screaming, atmosphere effects, simple "boo's", etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been curious about this as well, I've thought about using blue foam and building a "skeleton shell" around it if I have time, if I do not I am thinking about just wrapping it with cobwebs and placing a mist maker with an L.E.D.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine gets webbed and normally some type of spider on the top....a plug in pumpkin at the bottom of my post....next year when I have time I'm incorporating it into my colum that will be on each side of my driveway w a gate and an arch. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've wanted to try a huge Reaper face with the mailbox opening as the mouth. It'll take more fabrication than I have time for this year, but it'll be a good winter project. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts