Halloween Forum banner

Scary Halloween tree moss

1457 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Otaku
Hi Folks,

I am thinking out loud here...I just added a couple of new pics...scary tree moss. Here in central FL its EVERYWHERE. It's all over my trees. I use it in my yard (for putting on cemetery scene fencing & tombstones) and inside (costume, curtains, etc.)...anything looks WAY better with moss on it on Halloween!

I was wondering it I put it large Ziploc plastic bags, if there are any Postal/UPS restrictions to shipping it out any interested Prop/Forum folks for free (just cover my postage). I see you can buy it all dried out and crumbly at online stores, so maybe it has to be old, dead and dried versus soft. Anyone know?

Bill
See less
Hi Folks,

I am thinking out loud here...I just added a couple of new pics...scary tree moss. Here in central FL its EVERYWHERE. It's all over my trees. I use it in my yard (for putting on cemetery scene fencing & tombstones) and inside (costume, curtains, etc.)...anything looks WAY better with moss on it on Halloween!

I was wondering it I put it large Ziploc plastic bags, if there are any Postal/UPS restrictions to shipping it out any interested Prop/Forum folks for free (just cover my...
See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Hi Folks,

I was wondering it I put it large Ziploc plastic bags, if there are any Postal/UPS restrictions to shipping it out any interested Prop/Forum folks for free (just cover my postage). I see you can buy it all dried out and crumbly at online stores, so maybe it has to be old, dead and dried versus soft. Anyone know?

Bill
I would love to see the look on the persons face when they were inspecting that package!!!

· Bête noire
2,618 Posts
A friend of mine in FL sent me a box of Spanish moss (that's whats all over your trees) a couple of years ago. It survived just fine during the trip to CA. I don't know if there are any agricultural restrictions on Spanish moss - it can be found occasionally out here, mostly in oak forests. It came from trees in an old Civil War cemetery. I use it for draping over my wooden cross grave markers; makes for a very old, neglected look. It looks much better than the store-bought, dried-out stuff. There was a double creep-factor about the moss - the postage on the box was $6.66!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.