Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how I could make these costumes pretty cheap? Looking to do Goldilocks, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, etc. I have checked several online sites and they all run $40 each, would love to do them for much less. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,663 Posts
Hmm, not sure exactly what you're meaning by 'scary fairy tales'.

Still, I think your best bet is going to be searching out the good will stores in your area for clothes that will work, unless you know a good seamstress. Savers has some dirt cheap wigs around halloween as well.

Edit: Ok, I looked them up.

Yeah, I'm sticking with my suggestion of finding some clothes you can mutilate at the good will stores. Might take you a couple trips, but I'ld bet you could make a much better looking outfit with a couple old dresses and some homemade blood.

·
Super Moderator
5,663 Posts
Yeah, I found them on a google search. Hadn't even HEARD of them before. Like the idea, but I'll bet you could do better for cheaper getting some good will clothing.

The dresses are the only trick. Finding some that you can hack up to make look right. The rest of the accessories are a dime a dozen around Halloween.

Garage/Yard sales would also be a great place to look, but ESPECIALLY ESTATE SALES.

Watch the paper for those, you typically can find lots of clothes for dirt cheap.

Assuming you're not put off by the fact they are a dead person's clothes, that is...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts