Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some ideas and inspiration for a scary doll room. How would you dress it up? I am a sucker for details, do what sort of things should I include? Share pics of yours, I'd love to see them!

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
creepy dolls. old books, vintage stroller, vintage tricycle? and toys, shredded grungy curtains, torn up teddy bear, a monster under the bed :) creepy photos of children, vintage looking rocking chair or rocking horse...maybe an old childrens record player..find an old childrens record and play it on slow? can you tell I had thought about this at one time? oh and a few grungy torn up white children's dresses hung up

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's my wife's costume from our 2013 Home Haunt. White contacts were used to help with the creepy factor. Hope it gives ya some ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have the theme from Rosemary's Baby? the lullaby one is what I was thinking would really set the mood. Looking for a downloadable file if possible?

·
Registered
148 Posts
do a search for "doll island" I have that on standby for next year. *lol* Already down the road to "A witches kitchen" for this year.

Reactions: Kelloween

·
Registered
64 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1409882974281.jpg I just used all of my kids old stuff. old toy box. old stuffed animals. dirtied them up. .... little kids stuff is creepy

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Applying crackle paint to doll heads is pretty creepy. With some plastic, you may have to lightly sand and/or apply primer. I like the look of real toys slightly altered rather than props manufactured for the Halloween market. To me, a "real" bloody stuffing-torn teddy bear or an ordinary clown with slightly evil-ized eyes and eyebrows trumps a zombie baby any day. Children whispering or reciting nursery rhymes along with eerie music box music makes a great soundtrack.

I still have an original walker doll from he 1960's. She scared the bejeezus out of me as a child and still kinda does!
walker doll.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts