Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this project a couple years ago and never finished it, just got back to it and hope to have it done for this year. The basic idea came from Scary Terry's version, mine is a little more beefed up and uses 2 cylinders for the arms. I also used 1" square aluminum tube instead of conduit. He stands 6'- 4" to the top of his head, also 6'- 4" finger tip to finger tip. The mech is a 4-bar and raises him up and out so it looks as though he is leaping at you. The mech raises him up to 7'- 6" and out 4'- 6" in 1 second. Once he's up, the arms swing straight out at you. He starts out with creepy talking along with left/right head movement and an LED taillight inside the head flashing in sync with the words. When that stops I can release him with a keyfob remote. 20171007_174620.jpg 20171007_174842.jpg

·
Registered
133 Posts
I worry so much about Pnumatics because of how unforgiving they can be even tho I know if you just place em out of range you are fine.

Neat prop tho. Post a video of it in action against the ToTs.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I worry so much about Pnumatics because of how unforgiving they can be even tho I know if you just place em out of range you are fine.

Neat prop tho. Post a video of it in action against the ToTs.
That's why I use a remote for props like this, I'm in control of releasing the scare so nobody is ever in the way.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3 cylinders and a servo for the head turn. Here's a couple pics of the control box. Everything is mounted in a 10x6 water tight plastic storage container. The solenoid valves are in the bottom with all the electronics mounted on wood rails in front of the valves.

20171007_155333.jpg
20171007_174137.jpg

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, that's 2 votes for ditching the first hat, and I agree. How 'bout this hat, with or without?
20171012_143359.jpg
20171011_131357-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
If you got a hat like this:
hat.jpg

Then cut the edges and frayed them it would look really cool. Would also be funny to have a crow with a piece of the straw in his mouth sitting on top or on his shoulder.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm leaning towards no hat, I think he looks more evil without it. I agree the straw hat needs to be roughed up, I may try doing that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree, without the hat. Terrific work. My hats off to all the people, like you, who are smart enough to do this type of work. It was hard enough for me to learn to do static props this year.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts