Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at 9am this morning (Saturday is my do not disturb sleep day) I have a knock at the door. I open the door to two older woman smiling at me and asking if I needed to be saved. I listened for a minute to there speach as I noticed the lady standing behind the other looking at my yard, I have all my zombie flamingos and knomes and skullingos out. She motioned to the other lady. I relized they were off put, so I opened my door all the way so they could see the 6ft coffin with a half corpsed skelly sitting in my living room (hubby is finishing up the last of the electronics). Just on cue my daughter yells out from her room that she was watching The Walking Dead on Netfix. Needless to say, the usual 30 min conversation they try turned into, "Well you look busy, we will be going now". I wanted to shut the door as I laughed a sinster laugh, but instead I smiled nicely and said "I look forward to talking agian on your next trip into the neighborhood". I watched them as they came back to there cars after they walked the street, they crossed the street before recrossing to get to there vehicles. WooooHoooo I am now the crazy freak lady, and Im more then okay with that. Now I am just waiting for them to come try and cast the demons from the property. :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Several years ago they came to save me. I didn't think I needed saving so after they gave me their booklet I held it up so they could see and crumpled it up and tossed it in the trash. Maybe they keep a list of lost causes because they haven't been back since. If so, that's one list I'm glad to be on.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
So at 9am this morning (Saturday is my do not disturb sleep day) I have a knock at the door. I open the door to two older woman smiling at me and asking if I needed to be saved.
"Why, yes, I do need to be shaved. So kind of you to offer.";)

That is awesome. They probably thought that they had stumbled upon the Addamses or Munsters:D

Why dont they celebrate halloween? Could it be they dont like strangers knocking on their door? Lmao
I know... Hypocrites:rolleyes:

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
My neighborhood doesn't like religious solicitation in the least. I've seen them get chased out of the neighborhood by a posse with garden tools, and they've had their vehicles vandalized. And when they came knocking on my door, I entertained myself by telling them to watch out three doors down the street, the parents that lived there killed and ate a door-to-door missionary about two decades ago, and the equally crazy children still live there. :D

I haven't seen those missionaries in the last few years, so I assume our neighborhood has finally been blacklisted as being beyond redemption. And we got a lot of them - Mormons, Jesuits, Jehovah's Witnesses, even occasionally some from the African Methodist Episcopal Church, which was really bizarre as the neighborhood was entirely caucasian back then.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Too funny! Several years a go I had some Jehovahs Witnesses show up in my yard on Halloween day to talk to me WHILE I was setting up all my props for the big night.
They didn't hang around too long, but they did give me a booklet with the title on the cover: "Is there Life After the Grave?" :)
I still have it. Thought it might look good posed in a skeleton or Zombie's hands........

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
This is my personal opinion. I had the opportunity to house a Jehovah's witness not too long ago, he was a roommate for maybe 3 months. He spent more time in his church than finding a JOB. Long story short, he felt entitled for a job paying no less than $11 and hour, every night I came home from work he was sitting on the couch watching televangelism. I realize this is a generalization and yes it makes me feel better, but they are some of the Laziest people I've ever heard of and this comes from a strongly religious man....ME.

·
Registered
155 Posts
One day, I answered the door & 2 Mormon guys were waiting. I was in the middle of vacuuming so I said thank you for your time but I am saved. An older Mormon guy started in on how the Mormon faith was different & with his pamphlets. The other Mormon guy was a young teen kid who was just floored by my black hearse in the driveway. He interrupted asking is it yours, it's so cool, what's it like inside? He asked questions galore, really excited. The older Mormon kept giving the kid dirty looks like no, no, you're doing it wrong, let's get out of here etc, It was great, the kid was super sweet & while discussing the 1970 Cadillac engine he offered to help me by vacuuming & cleaning my house with me so we could talk more about my car after and he could look inside. The older guy dragged him off the porch and I waved and told him he was welcome back anytime and God bless. I hope that kid had a good life and kept his open mind, he was so enthusiastic and not creeped out one bit.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My mom ( we are Catholic) used to discuss their doctrine and compare to ours. i would not say we were an extremely religious family in anyway..but she would usually get them frustrated enough that they would leave..

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
We have a gentleman at work who became a JW a few years ago. He has always been terrific and since I do a lot of prop building at work during lunch he is often around. One day I was working on two of the animatronic demons I have have in the garage. I was having difficulty with one of the motors acting up. He quickly offered his assistance very well knowing this would make a devil pop up and down for Halloween. We removed the motor from the armature and he took apart the motor and replaced the gears for me. He always is willing to help, always asks how my progress is going and is always keen to see photos and video following Halloween. When his kids are at the office they always ask to see what I have done too. Perhaps he is one of a kind.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was actually raised Jehovah's Witness by my mother, but was still celebrating holidays with my non-religious father. Despite my mother's best efforts, I never jived with the church. As a child I was always checking out books at the school library about aliens, werewolves, etc. My mother once caught me with a book about palm-reading and threw a fit, because they are VERY much against the occult, more than most other religions.

As a teenager, I also got sneered at for dying my hair different colors and not dressing "appropriately" (which means turtlenecks and skirts down to my ankles)

Needless to say, I left the religion at the age of 14 and never looked back.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts