Halloween Forum banner

Scaring/pranking 13 yr old boys....

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Comfortkittie 
#1 ·
My son has had an annual halloween party since he was 7 and every year we do something to entertain/scare the kids. In the past we've changed the basement into a maze and set up creepy scenes in the dead ends, then moved the maze and scenes to the garage. When the maze idea was played out we then started to "haunted" the trail in our woods but last year that didn't even seem to scare them. We had even enlisted the help of my brother and his friend to dress up, hide and jump out at them but nothing....(and in all honesty when i was out there setting up it was kinda creeping me out ;)) BUT the kids always say they had fun and can't wait to come back next year.

ANYHOW, I'm looking for ideas to scare the heck out of them this year. I thinking of maybe understated party room in the basement with basic decorations and blacklight where they can listen to music and hang out BUT with a big scare or prank at the end....any ideas...???

we do have the garage and woods we can use too but i don't know if the weather will cooperate - even today its only in the 40's....

i have until 10/24 to set up...THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE :)

#2 ·
This would just be a starter...what about somekind of motion sensor that would play the sound of a very large aggresive dog barking? I work for a vet and have two large (non-aggresive)dogs and would just about promise you that the sound of a really aggresive dog barking will make most people jump. My son is 12 and I think it's difficult to get kids that age to admit they were scared. Sorry I have nothing more. Good luck

#3 ·
If it were me, I's start with a "power outage". Really simple to throw a breaker and opens up a lot of possibilities.

What about enlisting one of his friends to go missing during the blackout?

When the lights come on, you can blame the missing kid for the blackout saying he must be playing the prank. Maybe the other kids stumble upon his "dismembered" body?

#4 ·
Just an idea..

You could have two helpers lying along the sides of a path completely covered in leaves. When they come to the door the helpers would just sit up in costume when they passed along them. Sometimes they might expect it from the side or behind but not from the ground. It worked for my son who said nothing scared him. It helped having him a watch a movie beforehand.

I like the one eyed bagged creatures in the movies (hence Trick 'r Treat and The Strangers) makeup might not do the trick but not knowing who it is under it might work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.