Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a poll.
What scares you or creeps you out the most the most?
Child things like cemeteries, clowns, zombies, lunatics (hannibal lector), etc.

I want to get a feel for what scares the most so I can use it to decorate for this year and get some props built.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess everyone has different fears/phobias. I personally like haunts that create a cool atmosphere rather than going for too many cheap scares. Not that I'm against a few cheap scares, they can just get old. IMO.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
I like / dread subtle things. I can build the sound of a creaking branch outside my window at night into all manners of horror in my mind. sudden frights wil get me to jump but that's about it... unless the atmosphere has me on edge. then you can get me to climb a wall! I try for a sense of foreboding and unease in my haunt it helps alot with anything else I want to throw in.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So Dariosobells, low lying fog and low lighting? a cemetery with some coffins just barely visible above the fog and statues of old weathered crying angels?

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Crocodiles. Alligators. Caimans.

They're cold blooded, have big teeth and know the Secrets of the Deep...

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
So Dariosobells, low lying fog and low lighting? a cemetery with some coffins just barely visible above the fog and statues of old weathered crying angels?

Among other things yes, though my weeping angel has a tendency to move from time to time and has caused teen aged boys to run from the cemetery yelling " I think I soiled myself"

Adding lots this year as we are doing a walk through into the back yard. an FCG is a must as is a pop up ghoul or giant spider right around the corner as people come out of a dark spiderweb filled corridor next to the house. need to build a pressure mat to switch on the black light and scream.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I will paint a picture for you......

I am 6 foot 3, 270 pounds. Every year my wife and I go to 6 or 7 Haunted Attractions around the New York City area. I love all things creepy. But like clockwork, everytime I go into a haunted walkthrough something jumps out and makes me cringe to my knees. It is certainly is a sight to see. But I love it!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,801 Posts
First and foremost:

Aliens.

I am terrified of aliens. From the Alien alien, to the popular Grey alien.

Both render you helpless to do what they will upon you, which is most likely the source of the fear.

Second, and more down to earth...

HORSES!

Specifically, insane horses.

I've live my life around animals, both in the wild, and on the farm. Heck, hunting, I walked through a pack of coyote that were eating a kill in the moonlight. (I swear if I stopped/retreated/acted like prey they would've killed me)

But, there was Chico. Chico was my Uncle's horse. He was a highly trained roping horse. Then my Uncle bought him. And left him, alone, in a field, for 10 years. On that 10th year, it was my job to take care of him, and that horse had gone wild. Each day, I'ld climb the fence, feed, water, and brush. Well, attempt the latter, IF the thing let me near.

Well, one day, it was a thunderstorm, Chico was going nuts, and attempted to jump the fence. Got caught up in the barbed wire.

Wounded, trapped, wild animal. I was unwrapping his foot from the barbed wire, and a neighbor decided to 'help', cutting the wire, which immediately whipped around catching me and the horse.

After getting stomped on a few times, I got in the truck and went and reigned him in.

Don't like crazy wild horses much since then.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I don't watch newer horror movies because I don't look and what happens on the screen of my imagination is 10 times worse than anything they'll ever show on the movie screen. I'm also afraid of and don't like Happy Clowns. Evil Clowns are O.K.

I'm with BeastofKilligrey, we don't do scares in our haunt, but we have a really cool atmosphere and let people use their senses and imaginations to get spooked or scared.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dark Deep Water (can't swim) and Sharks. :(
Also, scared to death of roaches, all sizes especially the ones that are so large you can see up under them. Just imagine one of those puppies flying @ you or reaching for the fench gate in the dark and grabbing one of those. :eek:

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Only true phobia type fear i have is water. I'm scared of drowning and the fear of not knowing what is swimming down there below me that i cant see.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Out of site out of mind
i swim the murky green waters of Galveston. visibility is less than a foot

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
FROGS! Especially the warty, slimy-looking ones. Fog also scares me. If you've seen the movie "Silver Bullet" there was a really scary scene in which a bunch of characters are walking through the woods, the fog is very low-lying and still. The thing which they feared the most was lurking under that waist deep fog. Too bad fog is difficult to make stay low and in one place, especially if it's outside and there is the slightest breeze.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, you could use a fog chiller. I used one at our party last year. The chiller and cool pool water kept the fog low and with the slight breeze, it was kinda eerie the way the fog seemed to ride from the pool but stay al0ong the ground

1 - 20 of 34 Posts