Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone has any insider info on the upcoming ScareLA convention. I already bought tickets, but I've heard through-the-grapevine that there were a few participant pullouts for this year, but no details on specifically who. And then it was just announced that the weekend before, a new convention (Midsummer Scream), is being produced by a few former ScareLA members and will take place in Long Beach.

Anyone heard anything about what's going down with either? Can't tell if this is a good or a bad sign.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess we'll eventually find out, but the situation does seem kind of strange. Having another similar haunt convention just a week before ScareLA really does come across as someone trying to stick it them. Although if they're different enough, having back-to-back Halloween conventions could also be really fun (also: exhausting). We'll see!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm the same situation. What do I do? I feel like I will "pick a side", if I only go to ScateLA. The presenter & exhibitior pull out problem for ScareLA.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tickets to Midsummer Scream, at least at the 75% percent off pre-sale, were so cheap that I decided that I'm going to both this year. Or rather, I'm going to casually stroll around Midsummer for a day; and then spend the bulk of my time/energy the next weekend at ScareLA, which I mostly attend for the various classes (which hopefully won't change drastically).

Long Beach isn't really an ideal location for me anyway, but curiosity got the best of me when I saw how cheap tickets were going for. Still little word yet about what events will be featured at either convention, though. Wish I could get word from insiders about what exactly is going down.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Midsummer Scream also has basic admission tickets even cheaper on Groupon:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-midsummer-scream-halloween-haunts-and-horror-festival

I live nearly equa-distant from Long Beach (Midsummer Scream) and Pasadena (ScreamLA), so I guess I will have to visit both. Although, I am a bit more interested in the presentations at Midsummer Scream: Disney Imagineering, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios, Knott's Scary Farm, the Queen Mary Dark Harbor and Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest.

Halloween in the Summer! I am soooo happy!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok, guys, getting excited. Midsummer Scream is tomorrow. I decided I didn't want to drive down early in the morning, so I wanted to get a hotel. A lot of the hotels around the 'Scream are at or near capacity. This may be a bigger event than I anticipated. Got a hotel near the LB Convention Center and I am getting excited. I will try to post photos from the event.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's certainly interesting. Hope they're prepared!

Any hey... if you see a tall, pale lady with orange sneakers and burgundy geometric glasses roaming around today... come say "hi"!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts