Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone doing a new scarecrow this year (or have one you're upgrading)? If so let's see it - I'm trying to throw one together here at the last minute with a jack o lantern head using a gnarly pumpkin.

I'm especially interested in how you did the hat...

I have too many unfinished projects, probably shouldn't have started this. IMG_20161019_115237.jpg

IMG_20161019_115324.jpg

IMG_20161019_115406.jpg

·
Registered
237 Posts
Here you go. I just created this a few weeks ago for the first time. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The base is a clothes line pole that we never use. Sticks from around the neighborhood as the body and arms. Used bungee cords and zip ties to tie the sticks to the pole. Women's trench coat and hat ($6 from Goodwill) that I roughed up. Scarecrow burlap mask from halloweenexpress.com. (I splurged on $20). The head/frame under the mask is chicken wire that I already had. Stands about 8 feet high

Then as an accessory, I mounted a black raven - that's eyes light up - to its arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go. I just created this a few weeks ago for the first time. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The base is a clothes line pole that we never use. Sticks from around the neighborhood as the body and arms. Used bungee cords and zip ties to tie the sticks to the pole. Women's trench coat and hat ($6 from Goodwill) that I roughed up. Scarecrow burlap mask from halloweenexpress.com. (I splurged on $20). The head/frame under the mask is chicken wire that I already had. Stands about 8 feet high

Then as an accessory, I mounted a black raven - that's eyes light up - to its arm.
Ha, that looks great with the night lighting especially - raven is a good touch. I need to go to Goodwill...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what I was able to throw together for this year...will take more time next year and probably do a burlap head with a different hat.
IMG_20161021_100048.jpg IMG_20161021_100029.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This year I'm changing the pumpkin head above to a burlap scarecrow head/face. If you've done one like that please let me see yours...I know what I want him to look like, but curious what your construction process was like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts