Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I recycled him from the previous year where he was wearing my trench coat for the show. But since he was posted out in front of the house last year, I had to take my coat back and just put him in the black cloak.
He looks very tall is he? And I like the cloak it makes him unique.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks ,his head is paper mâché body pvc pipe and tumble weeds are his fillings I used a graduation gown and creepy cloth

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ellie13, He is quite tall. I have him posted on a 8 ft 2x4. The first year I used him, he was the star of the show and would leap at the crowd at the end so the effect looked best with him towering over everyone. I managed to dig up a couple photos of him that year and with the trench coat on as well. The most interesting thing about this build was the rib cage. I could not figure out what to use and then I found an old bamboo reed wreath form; the ones you get at craft stores. I started disassembling it and voila! Perfect rib cage! :D
halloween party 2013 019.jpg
halloween party 2013 020.jpg

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great scarecrow, Ellie13!!! I think scarecrows are one of my favorite props.

This is my first attempt at one, tossed together the other day-only cost me a $1.50 to make
Wow, punkineater, that is a great scare for $1.50 investment. Love him!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here is a video from 2013, our (Clover Ct. Chaos) set up which included 3 scarecrows. 2 props and 1 really live scarecrow. Great time!
Just gives you an idea of what you can do with these props.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,095 Posts
Awesome thread! Some really talented people here. Keep up the good work, and happy haunting.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
My pumpkin king...I add a bunch of grape vines around him each year..but don't store the vines since they are so plentiful and take a beating each year..
I like the addition of him holding a pumpkin. I wish I did not have to beg my grapevines off of my mom. (c: This will be my first year storing them and my hubby is ......... thrilled. (c:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts