Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paint it black,
Thank you so much! It is nice to have this outlet to share my "Art" with people who have the same interests. The head is a funkin with the cotton and modge podge technique. With a wire stem wrapped in newspaper with liquid latex covering and then layers of paint.

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Great scarecrow, Ellie13!!! I think scarecrows are one of my favorite props.

This is my first attempt at one, tossed together the other day-only cost me a $1.50 to make 2015-06-23 13.54.50.jpg 2015-06-24 21.08.06.jpg

Attachments

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
My first scarecrow. A little flat in the chest area, but it was a pretty easy build with great stuff, foam and burlap...

He was pretty good, but I wanted something a little more sinister looking and creepy so I started from scratch and built a pumpkin king style scarecrow for this years haunt.

This is his replacement who will be watching over the grounds this year...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Night fisher, I like your style. I am trying to attempt one like your new one this year but man your old one is to be admired as well. The wrapped burlap post is an interesting touch. I like it and gives me an "out of the box idea".

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I like it! I wish I could see the hands close up they look very unique. Did you do the head yourself?

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
lessee.....

2005=2009 had these guys. Each year, a new one featuring the previous year's mask.

2010 we had half dozen of these (and my boy dressed similar)

2011, after having spent years proving I can't make a decent human shaped 'crow, I went a little outside the box on "scarecrow". In my mind it still is one, wouldn't be to most. He's been permanent in the yard since.

2013, Fred became a permanent fixture in the yard.

Designed by my girl there.

Current work in progress (one of three, the other two are hardly started)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ferryman... Wow! Love it . They both are very unique. You truly got my attention with the black and white photo. (c:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lessee.....

Designed by my girl there.

]
I don't even know what to say........ You just blew my mind. I love the way your girl thinks all my kids do is roll their eyes and say "Oh, mom I worry about you."

How do you store your scarecrows? My Hubby just came up with an idea for my works in progress to use clamps and pulleys to take them up to the shop roof.

Great work neighbor (c:

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
I don't even know what to say........ You just blew my mind. I love the way your girl thinks all my kids do is roll their eyes and say "Oh, mom I worry about you."

How do you store your scarecrows? My Hubby just came up with an idea for my works in progress to use clamps and pulleys to take them up to the shop roof.

Great work neighbor (c:
Store....

I used to know what that word meant....then my storage was destroyed by weather in 2010.

Since, everything has been permanent residents of the yard or sold off after Halloween. My neighbors are concerned about me...(though the neighbor girl (5) wants me to make a monster on on the fence with red eyes that glow to scare her brother (4), who wants to be me for halloween so he can be scary too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here is my scarecrow from last year.
scare2.jpg
scare.jpg
I recycled him from the previous year where he was wearing my trench coat for the show. But since he was posted out in front of the house last year, I had to take my coat back and just put him in the black cloak.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts