Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some inputs for chest cavity. I could take easy way out and button up jacket. But ideally I’d like to leave it open. Was imagining some flexible twigs that could stretch across. But haven’t found any such branches in woods. And not entirely sure how I’ll secure them, although the pictured plant cage might be a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
I used sprinkler pipe to create a rib cage a couple of years ago. It worked pretty well. You could try that, if you need pictures, I can grab some tomorrow (although, it's not nearly as well done now after two years of use and storage it's a little beat up)

·
Registered
958 Posts
If you can find some thin branches that have even just a little flex to them, (meaning they are not so dried out they snap with very little pressure) you can soak them in some water for a few days to make them even more flexible. The branches in your photo would be about the biggest diameter to look for. Then you can weave them or bend them pretty much anyway you want. If you can find willow branches they would work the best, but pretty much any tree branch will work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you could also use some long grass/hay to stick out. You could also wrap wire in masking tape and paint it- that way it would be very flexible- although I guess that would be too thin (maybe as accent pieces). The hardware stores also sell pvc pipe foam wraps that are super cheap, long, light and bendy- you could prob paint them to look like branches.

1568316471659.png

·
Registered
130 Posts
I should add that the head has a crow motif. See the small crow poking out the side. Now I wonder if I should cut open a pillow and glue a bunch of feathers to the chest frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s an awesome mask? Where did you get that if I may ask? Might be updating the scarecrow this year. Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
VladtheImpaler666
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing