Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a haunt through woods with the theme of Scary Tales, twisted fairy tales i.e. Snow Fright, Little Dead Riding Hood, Malice in Wonderland. I am having a hard time thinking the best way to set the scenes (as I said will be in woods) for the best scare. Each tale will have its own individual area but how can I make this scary? What can be the pop ups and jump outs? Help!!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Well, since the tales all have villains, take advantage of them....a witch for Snow White, A wolf dressed like granny for Lil Red...You need a little miss muffet sitting on a tuffit with a huge spider to drop down.

You could also do wonders with Snow Whites seven dwarves by making Happy a freeaky clown and Doc a mad doctor with blood all over him

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scatterbrains, I have been thinking on the same lines as you. I have the ideas for the sites, it's the scares I can't get down. What do these things do for the maximum scare?

·
4,484 Posts
You can make a little house for Lil Red and people can look in the window, to see the wolf dressed as granny in the bed. Then have a pop-up wolfhead that jumps up in front of the window.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
How 'bout the Gingerbread Man, pinned down and being consumed by Goblins? You'll need a really ghood "Screaming" soundtrack for that one, maybe hidden speakers up close to the viewing area.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Scares

Just keep them focused on something that doesn't jump out and have an actor come from behind or from the side.
Because you are in the woods you might want to try dropping props down from above from tree branches. I used pulleys and rope to drop props down from trees in the past, it worked KILLER!

·
4,484 Posts
Just keep them focused on something that doesn't jump out and have an actor come from behind or from the side.
Because you are in the woods you might want to try dropping props down from above from tree branches. I used pulleys and rope to drop props down from trees in the past, it worked KILLER!
yup...that would work greeat for the Lil Miss Muffet scene

·
Doomed to walk the earth
1,062 Posts
how about goldielocks? you could have the people walk through the bears house and have goldie say " bet you thought there were gonna be bears huh" then let them out ..the people will think their not gonna see bears ...then a few feet down the path boom you get them there...do somethin small in the house just so they think thats all that was going to happen
like have the bowls of porage slam on the table

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are beautiful...I got many ideas from a few old threads from this forum, here is what I am thinking:

Hansel and Gretel--the kids don't escape the witch from the gingerbread house
Malice in Wonderland--we will be using the Peter Rottentail here: Halloween Masks and Horror Props
Three Billy Goats Gruff--bridge to walk across with troll underneath
Wizard of Odd--large fan blowing with lots of wind, scarecrows coming at you and my Johnny Appleseed
Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater--Bad Seed will be here, not sure of the scene Adult Bad Seed Creature Reacher Costume : Target
Little Dead Riding Hood
Little Miss Muffet and the Not So Itsy Bitsy Spider
Goldihocks
Snow Fright--I picture a crazed Snow White with pictures of the dwarfs blood splattered

I am nuts, I know, just have to get my scares going on...thanks guys again

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
What would startle you? Anything jumping out at you when it's not expected is enough to make me jump...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts