Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sold on the name yet.

Had this idea rattling in my head for at least a year, and though we're scaling well back this year, I still wanted to get this one built.

Had use it or lose it situation on my vacation, so taking a few days off and getting a couple hours to work in the new air conditioned shop in between plenty of house work that needed to be done. .

Idea is to actually have the wings detachable and assemble on sight.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sweet! I really look forward to your creations. I went back through your blog last year to see your previous year's stuff because I found your style really innovative and it was cool watching your haunt grow and change. I love how you get your whole block involved, it really brings out the spirit of Halloween. I'm excited to see what this year brings.

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Test concept for attaching the wing frames. I need this to be move-able in pieces.

Concept was modeled on the tendon a bird's wing naturally has in roughly this location. I'm not sure it works for my plans though. Other options include a smaller rope off the first 'joint' in the wings, would go arcross the back and thus prevent them from rolling, which is the problem. If that fails, there's always a pin possibility.

I need to locate a lot more 'ugly branches' to cover the frame and make disjointed 'featerish' shapes on the wings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts