Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like past stock for Spirit? I see the Sally animatronic that we bought last year.
Yes, it's definitely resale stuff. The prices look good but the site doesn't feel right. Like I need to enter my CC info before it will tell me shipping costs. And there is no contact info or information about the company.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just placed an order using PayPal (that way I am covered) for the lost girl, we’ll see if it shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you received your order yet? I want to make a purchase but the sit doesnt seem right
I placed an order thinking it was from tha actual company (they ripped off the logo” and felt it was fraud as soon as I saw the Chinese symbols for who I just paid- UGH. I have an open claim with PayPal on my order. Trying to get my & back. Now they said they shipped me my items but I ordered 77 pounds of product and the tracking shoes it was sent first class mail..I don’t think so! USPS won’t even touch boxes over 70 pounds! Curious to see what will arrive! Meanwhile, claim drags on, and on!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lol, yah, I was just going to open a claim today as well.

Now it’s a race to see who gets theirs closed first!

At least with using PayPal it gave us a chance to test it out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did get a response with a tracking number, but like usual, USPS shows only that the label was generated. So who knows.. have a few weeks before the statute on the case runs out with PayPal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update today, saw in USPS tracking:

“Your item departed our USPS facility in SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on November 12, 2019 at 5:56 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.”

So promising..

·
Registered
3 Posts
This whole thing is weird! I too got tracking- went to the USPS and it’s showing interest was a first class package - I order 2 large items that according to the weight would have been over 77 pounds! No way USPS would have accepted that and ESPECIALLY not via 1st class mail! Needless to say- the tracking shows my item was delivered but when I got home- NOTHING! I live in a small town and know my post man so I’ll check with them tomorrow. This whole process/ order is suspect!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,867 Posts
Totally my opinion:

I'd be shocked if anyone receives anything. This looks similar to some of the scammy sites that are advertised on FB. The name isn't even a real store/name. If they were in it for the long haul they'd have taken a bit of time to actually NAME the site/company something...

The entire thing is a copy of images/inventory/logos from someplace like Spirit, but every single link that isn't deemed essential is a loop to the main site. All the reviews are 5 star - but they aren't available to view as they link to the default site address. Same for writing a review...

The site itself is not secure. The WhoIs states it is owned/registered by Xiamen 35.Com Technology Co., Ltd., and was created in June 2019, and will go out on June 2020.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Totally my opinion:

I'd be shocked if anyone receives anything. This looks similar to some of the scammy sites that are advertised on FB. The name isn't even a real store/name. If they were in it for the long haul they'd have taken a bit of time to actually NAME the site/company something...

The entire thing is a copy of images/inventory/logos from someplace like Spirit, but every single link that isn't deemed essential is a loop to the main site. All the reviews are 5 star - but they aren't available to view as they link to the default site address. Same for writing a review...

The site itself is not secure. The WhoIs states it is owned/registered by Xiamen 35.Com Technology Co., Ltd., and was created in June 2019, and will go out on June 2020.
Liek Frankie's Girls said, these scam sites show up every year. Last year there were several threads about different ones with the same basic thing. All of spirits props at fantastic, never before seen (except on other scam site) prices. Dispute the charge now before it's too late.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PayPal just closed the case in my favor. Whatever they “sent” did not deliver yesterday like the tracking showed. PP was very aware of the scam tactics and agreed in my favor as there is no way they shipped 2 animated figures via first class mail! The most you can ship is 15 ounces!
They also have fraud involved to shut it down. I just think it’s crazy this stuff exists and that I fell for it! Honestly thought I was shopping off Spirit’s website- I also don’t consider myself a total moron (now the jury has been asked to reconvene) so I’m sure there are hundreds others who fell for it!
Good luck to others who have claims-
Lessons learned!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue. Tracking showed Delivered to mail box/inside mailbox, but the mail box was empty and no key present for the priority mail size mail boxes. Fighting with Paypal now. Since a tracking number was provided and USPS shows delivered. The claim had to be escalated to the Bank providing the credit for the paypal account. I ordered the 7 Ft Emperor of Souls. No way that was delivered First Class USPS to a HOA Cluster Mailbox.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same thing happened as others, tracking number given and showed delivered but nothing showed up.

But I have figured out their scam..

It’s based of two things, one is that USPS tracking only shows the destination city and zip code to the public. The other is using some Chinese transfer company with shady practices gasp

First they setup up website to cull orders (the above mentioned site.)

Orders are taken, but never any kind of attempt made to actually fill the order. So at this point it’s just theft. But you then have people filing reports with PayPal, so then the scam part happens.

The instance a report is filed against them, they run a script that harvests a domestic tracking number from the USPS tracking system that is destined for the claimant’s zip code. They submit this tracking number to their shady transfer service (in my case EC-Firstclass) and then to PayPal as proof they shipped it. So PayPal will only see the domestic shipment being generated and a estimated arrival date and after it arrives, the delivery successfully note. So then PayPal would just assume the seller did their due diligence.

But here’s where you can see how they do it. This is the shot from a third party tracking company.

As you can the domestic shipment Originated from San Leandro, CA on 11/11. But because they stole the tracking number and listed it with EC-Firstclass, it’s showing as originating in China. But San Leandro is not a customs port..

After it was supposedly received today (I work from home so was able to watch for it), I called the main USPS tracking department to file a claim. Talking to an agent, she was able to look at the ACTUAL ship to address (this is not available at all to the public). The zip code was the same, but the name and address wasn’t even close. Not to mention the size of the package was way too small. After they filed the claim, I spoke to my letter carrier (we’re on first name basis anyways) about the scam. He was interested to see what I find out.

The local PO followed up with a call an hour later, and the clerk and I talked about it. He sent me a photo of the actual package and slip

My address is on 15th Ave and name is completely different. Not to mention that’d have to be the smallest prop.. ever!

So consider this site BUSTED!!!

SCAM!

Can OP maybe change the title to Scam Alert?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Can OP maybe change the title to Scam Alert?"
I don't see a way for me to do that. If anyone knows how I can modify the title I will be glad to give it a go.

Very nice detective work, djjerme. Thank you for the write up. BTW, I think we are neighbors, I live on NE 38th.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Hope everyone gets their $$ back. That old saying never gets old, If it looks too good to be true......😦

1 - 20 of 26 Posts