Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this guy with some scrap wood and a wiper motor. I still have some tweaking to do and will change the outfit and bulk him up some.

here is the inner workings of my new friend:

I think this is a little too fast. was my 1st test:

What do you think...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's one eyed Jack but we call him Bob. Have had him for many years, used on multiple props over the years...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I started with an 8.5v 5 amp power supply I think it was. Then i switched to a 6v 2.5 amp I would like to slow it more but need to get a motor controller for that.
I don't have one, and just started looking around a little today lots of different ones makes it confusing. I figure something out. I need to work on the arm movement some more as well.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,780 Posts
You don't need anything fancy. These work great. I would suggest using a 12 volt power supply with them though, I have heard using less can cause issues and noise. I use these ones with 12 volt supplies and they work great. You can turn them down to a crawl and still get plenty of torque.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-40V-10A-Pulse-Width-Modulator-PWM-DC-Motor-Speed-Control-Switch-13KHz-US-/141253493715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e35d43d3

You might also try a 5 volt power supply. That is what we use in our zombie kit with no speed controller and it works well. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts