Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - my name is Kat and I am pleased to meet other kindred spirits who also feel that Halloween is the best time of the year. For the 3rd year, I am overseeing all the plans for my yacht clubs Halloween event. This is a huge party - pulling up to 200 members and friends and it has a reputation for being over the top. First years theme was "Its a Dead Man's Party" having some fun with the song for which I was inspired - lot of references to "dead" things and last year I did Witches and Warlocks Ball - it was more of a ghoulish glam so people had a chance to sparkle a bit. Both were great parties, and this year - being a yacht club I decided to go pirates with "Dead Men Tell no Tales". My first two events were crazy to plan and I started months ahead of time, basically brainstorming and mapping things out way in advance - this year... not so much.
Some life changes have me so busy that literally I have spent maybe 2 full days organizing the decor and props. I am freaking out that this is going to miss the mark - and my frustration lead me here. I need inspiration, motivation. I did make some headway today - centerpieces confirmed, some of the wall decor determine, but my biggest hurdle - I have a huge venue with a tiny budget. I basically have 7 spaces to "stage" and I think what I have in mind is doable - just not sure it is going to look how I have it in my head and hoping to get some insight on how others manage events like this. I have 30 days and of that time my real job is in the way ( argggg):mad:, a sailing race over a full weekend (that is what we pirates do) and birthday party out of town. So I have tomorrow - the weekend prior, and the day before to get my booty (no pun intended) in gear.
Sorry for the rant from the new girl, just needed to vent I guess. I am sure I will figure it out - always do. ;)

Looking forward to see all the amazing things all the Halloweenians do this season. Catch you in the forums.

TTFN,
Kat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - today I spent at least 6 hours in the club attic working on this event - has to be 100+ up there. But made more progress today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Punkineater! Love your stuff on pintrest. What is your plan this year? Sorry if you have shared, just getting a feel for all on this site.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!

I am from San Diego as well. The heat is getting pretty bad at least it seems to be on a cool down now.

I love the Pirate theme!!! But then again I am very much a pirate! If you couldn't tell by my name!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Welcome! Always nice to meet another San Diego haunter.
Looks like low 90's for me this weekend in east county. Better than all the rain they are expecting on the east coast though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts