Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bar had 2 search lights on there roof--I can't imagine they paid $6k or up for them. Does anyone know of low cost search light we can use to grab attention.

I don't know the name of the bar or the road it was on to call them.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Search lights used to be a standard of advertising for car dealerships, and most of them rented rather than owning. Some of the older sales personnel can probably clue you in as to where you can rent one. They can probably also tell you if there were any regulations regarding how close to an airport you can use them.

Don't go searching for a cheap searchlight without doing serious research first. Fort Mott, a local state park and national historical site, was gifted with a WW2 era searchlight, which then ended up costing $84,000 and several years to restore to working order.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
You can find them on ebay, but I'd say you have to know what you're looking for and what's good/bad so you don't end up with a piece of junk.

Not visible as far away but very effective are flame throwers that shoot bursts of fire into the sky. They can be bought for as little as $300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts