Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I take no pride in my first attempt at some form of a ground breaker. I really didn't try to copy anyone's tutorials. I started with pantyhose then used some webbing.

I am in desperate need of WTH to do with him next? (Besides paint/stain him.)

Does he even look okay to put on my front lawn?
What about his hands and face? Do I "corpse" those too? I did do some on his face.
Should I just scrap his skinny little butt into the can to be taken to a landfill tomorrow?????

HELP !!!!

Oh, and if you laugh while looking at these pictures - I will know it. :eek:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Paint him a put him out!

As I see it, the beauty of Halloween decorations is that they shouldn't be perfect. It just gives it that much more of a "HU, what? GROSS" feel. I'd paint him up and put him out. If you REALLY don't like him put him towards the back.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Absolutely! Get rid of it now...by sending it to me... :)

That effect works well, as does a corpsing effect. Depends on what the rest of your layout looks like. If it's decrepit and distressed, then hit him with some stain and paper towels.

If you can, cut off the lower jawbone, then re-attach it open and at an angle. One arm reaching out would look cool. Or a hand reaching back to the face in a clawing manner. Angle the head a bit to the side, maybe looking up. Meaning, give it a pose to give it some character.

·
Registered
117 Posts
make him come out of the ground! open his jaw a little more

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Lord Warrant - it'd be easier to just send him to you than to make all the changes you suggest. Got an address for me to ship him to? LOL

I'm afraid that it's too late now to work on any "posing". The carpet stuff has already set up. BUT - can you suggest something for me to do with his hands? Do I leave them as they are? Do I corpse them too? What about the rest of his face? Should I corpse his body more or leave it alone?

IF, and that's a huge IF, I ever make one again, I will do the things you say with the posing. For now, I think I'm stuck with Travis looking like a linebacker waiting for the next play.

Absolutely! Get rid of it now...by sending it to me... :)

That effect works well, as does a corpsing effect. Depends on what the rest of your layout looks like. If it's decrepit and distressed, then hit him with some stain and paper towels.

If you can, cut off the lower jawbone, then re-attach it open and at an angle. One arm reaching out would look cool. Or a hand reaching back to the face in a clawing manner. Angle the head a bit to the side, maybe looking up. Meaning, give it a pose to give it some character.

·
Registered
117 Posts
"I think I'm stuck with Travis looking like a linebacker waiting for the next play. " make him look like a dead zombie football player

·
Registered
174 Posts
IF, and that's a huge IF, I ever make one again, I will do the things you say with the posing. For now, I think I'm stuck with Travis looking like a linebacker waiting for the next play.
throw some old beat up shoulder bads on him and a ripped up jersey and make him a football player zombie rising from the dead! done and done.

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm curious, why did you name him "Travis"?

My daughter named him Travis, but I'm not sure of her reasoning.

Thanks for all the comments. I think I'll just throw some paint/stain on him and see how that suits him.

If I ever try to make another one, I will follow someone's tutorial instead of winging it. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts