Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our front yard this year is the gates of hell opening with Satan crawling out amid red smoke, etc. I am looking around for a flag to hang that is a devil or satan or satanic/evil, etc. Any ideas of where I could find such a thing? Thanks all.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Well, here's a flag you can fly:
Satanic flag
However, I'm guessing most won't really know that flag when they see it, so you may need to make one of your own.
Google "satanic symbols" under Images, and you will be treated to plenty of ideas.

·
Registered
994 Posts
What I think of... or at least what I would think of if I were picturing a haunt with the gates of hell, are just solid flags cut into triangles instead of rectangles. Something that can be done easily by getting sheets or whatever. Black and Red. LONG. Not a dinky flag, but something that if it were on an 8 foot pole would touch the ground or close to it.

Awesome if you can get a bit of wind, but still intimidating none the less... at least that's my opinion.

Best way to describe it is something you'd see on the top of an old ship, or something you'd see in medieval times.

Here's a photo of the length/style, NOT the color of course.

Some more reference photos. Medieval battle flags are really what I'm thinking... just solid instead.

I realize they may not have anything to do, literally, with satan/hell... just thought it'd be cool.

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
What about a plain black flag with an upside down pentagram in it (symbolizes the dark side of human nature) - not sure if you need to draw a circle around it too.

You can make that yourself using thin white strips of tape on black fabric.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
I'd stay away from penatgrams. pentagrams are really a a wicca symbol which isn't evil at all. yes if it's upside down it is considered satanic but so is and inverted cross. Basicly people get everything mixed up with pentagrams and consider all of them to be satanic. Maybe do something that incorporates three 6's. Some type of desighn from the omen like this. Look at the three 6 dseign in a circle.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm assuming you don't live in the bible belt.

My neighbors know I am "interesting" but anything like that in my yard might provoke a pitchfolk wielding mob.

Trust me, I know the difference between Halloween and real life......but don't expect everyone to repect your house with something like that up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts