Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife will be traveling to CA. San Diego, El Cajon and prob. Hollywood, can anyone recommend any Halloween or related stores that I could make, err ask her to stop in and pick me up somein' ? Even a cool t-shirt, would do.
Thanks in advance,
Dennis

·
Registered
453 Posts
I used to live there and I'm drawing a blank. I used to work for "TikiLand" down by the sports arena/swapmeet, they usually have some good skulls/pirate stuff and lots of cool props he rents out, worth the time to check it out. Last I talked to him he was talking about moving so check out the website. Tiki Land
El Cajon you won't find squat.
Cruising up the I-5 there's a "spirit" store that's great but pricey, it's somewhere in the Santa Ana area I think. Been a long time, I'm sure they have a website. Some killer high dollar props.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Well, for when she's going up to visit Hollywood, along the way, she should have a look at the Halloween Club store in Santa Fe Springs (about 12-14 miles north of Disneyland, up the 5 freeway).
Huge place. Open all year, pretty much.
(address: 13310 Firestone Blvd Ste A, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670)

Can't miss it.
13310 Firestone Blvd Ste A Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670 - Google Maps

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
There are 2 Halloween Club Stores within a few miles of each other. (santa fe springs and montebello) Both are filled with so much halloween stuff its unreal!!

halloweenclub.com has a listing of all their stores.

San Diego has Buffalo Breath Costumes....but its pretty much just costumes/wigs/makeup.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
There are 2 Halloween Club Stores within a few miles of each other. (santa fe springs and montebello) Both are filled with so much halloween stuff its unreal!!

halloweenclub.com has a listing of all their stores.

San Diego has Buffalo Breath Costumes....but its pretty much just costumes/wigs/makeup.
Check out the picks on this page...

Halloween Club

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Check out the picks on this page...

Halloween Club
The newer store is in Montebello... We stopped into that one a few weeks ago on our way back from the Renaissance Fair.... It was soo much stuff, and it looked like they had just gotten in a new shipment... I spent $140 on stuff we didn't even need for this year's haunt/party because I was there.

I do have to say though that we live in San Diego, and will be making the drive up there to both stores in August or September for props/etc...because despite the 100 halloween stores that pop up in San Diego every September, the 2 Halloween Club stores are far superior.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
The newer store is in Montebello... We stopped into that one a few weeks ago on our way back from the Renaissance Fair.... It was soo much stuff, and it looked like they had just gotten in a new shipment... I spent $140 on stuff we didn't even need for this year's haunt/party because I was there.

I do have to say though that we live in San Diego, and will be making the drive up there to both stores in August or September for props/etc...because despite the 100 halloween stores that pop up in San Diego every September, the 2 Halloween Club stores are far superior.
how are their prices?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Wow, that store looks amazing! I'd be there nearly every day if I lived nearby:D Spirit, Halloween USA, and the like have got nothing on that place:cool:

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
ya know the prices are lower than a lot of the regular halloween stores. I got my Webcaster gun for $49, which isn't such a "GREAT" price, but I didn't have to pay for shipping on it, and they had it and all the glue sticks for it there. They had a really nice selection of foggers that were all very reasonably priced... Some of the stuff is clearly overpriced, but you can definitely find the hidden gems that are more valuable to some of us who are more hardcore. Costumes seemed much lower in price compared to the spirit halloween stores...for those not inclined to create their costumes from scratch like us freaks over here.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Halloween Club is like a Costco...although some prices of things are a lil high, still cool though. Also, check out Halloweentown in Burbank ,818-848-3644 it's a cool lil place. The guy thats done some efx work for Rob Zombie, him and his wife own this place. Halloween Store in Escondido ((760) 741-8521, Dapper Cadaver on Sunset in Hollywood-(818) 771-0818.ummm, those stick out in my head but I'll check out a few more spots and get back to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts