Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've seen this pirate before, and I would like to know if this will be sold in SEPT-OCT 2009 in Sam's Club. I would like to buy this pirate for my Halloween "pirate" theme this year, so if anybody knows if he's still going to be there, please tell me :)!:D! if you also know the price, please tell it to me to! thanks everyone!

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Wow, I thought I started looking for product info early. If you do get him put a little superglue on the metal rod that holds his lower jaw on, it falls apart really easy and doesnt go back together nearly as easy.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! But still, i'm looking for information :d

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Thanks! But still, i'm looking for information :d
maybe ask Gemmy customer service if this prop will still be available in 2009 and if so where ? the big show for transworld is usually in march so maybe you'll have more info then .

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I got him as a gift from my Pastor and he's been a huge hit as seen in my Avatar and profile album pics. He has worked great for me for 2 years now and I've never had or heard of a jaw problem. Meijers sold him on line last year as well as few other places. Gemmy is weird because they change there stuff every year and make it hard to find their stuff the very next year......I don't get that ?!?!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got him as a gift from my Pastor and he's been a huge hit as seen in my Avatar and profile album pics. He has worked great for me for 2 years now and I've never had or heard of a jaw problem. Meijers sold him on line last year as well as few other places. Gemmy is weird because they change there stuff every year and make it hard to find their stuff the very next year......I don't get that ?!?!?
Oh I get it. Their full-sized props take up a lot of warehouse space so if they don't sell well then they don't make them anymore. Pirates were big halloween decorations when the pirates movies were out but now that craze is dying down. Personally, living in a land-locked state, I never really got why so many people did a pirate theme anyway. It's fine if you are in a coastal city, but for most the setup seems a bit odd. But to each his own.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, Thank you everyone, but they keep changing the props every year. I never got the chance to buy Donna the Dead. So now I bought the beheaded bride, which will still be sold this year, but as for the pirate I still don't know. I live in a city where sea its about 1 hour. Still, I was not going to make a entire pirate theme, I was going to do an Idea I had called "Museum of the wierdest Horrors" Where there, One exhibition will be Pirate themed, and so, I really need that pirate :D! anyway, thanks to all of you, I'll keep in touch.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My mother in law got me the animated pirate with sword from an auction. The hand never moved and one of the eyes no longer light up. Post a picture of the pirate that your looking for and maybe we could work something out.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Dead Eye Drake is his name, again same one in my Avatar and albumn pics, there has been a few different Gemmy Pirate props over the years and you don't need a pirate theme to have a pirate prop......as my photo's show I have no theme on my trail walk but mutiple style props. Drake is my fav. out of them all and everybody loves him. Lets not forget he is a skelly and I have a few skelly's but skellys are not my theme as well. I decorated my front, side and backyard and into the woods with different scare zones and actors laced through out over about a 300 yard long trail. Theme's are good for small area's and garage's or if you do your front yard only. Hope you find him, he's one of the best Gemmy has ever made IMHO.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sorry Terra did not mean to come off harsh, good fine just the same just have to be real carefull with e-bay, because in the e-bay pics above that is NOT the Dead Eye Drake from Sams Club like mind and in my pics below........mind has no eye's. Mine has a patch on his right eye and his left eye lights up, much more creepy to me.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Good catch! They are very close though. Is this like what Gemmy did for the Dead bride? At Spirit she wore a black Victorian costume and at Michaels she wore a white one? Sneaky.....;)

The other link looks closer to yours, Bozz, though it has a red light in the eye sockets.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I actually have this pirate. He can speak on his own or you can speak through him with a microphone. Everyone who sees him loves him. I have never had any trouble with mine and he works great. Ive had him now for a couple of years. Not sure but it might be too early to find out if they will sell him again. I would try asking the company, but I do agree he is one of there better made life size animated props. I believe at SAMS I paid $130 for him dont really remember but it was close to that and worth every cent.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yeah Terra's second link is the same as mind and S.C. one but he's not a dancing pirate (that would be the first one they made years ago...which only dances and sings I believe) description is incorrect about the dancing part. Terra you are correct they made 2 of them that year one with eye's like the e-bay one and one like mine from Sams C.. Kinda weird not sure why Gemmy does that.....its all so confusing to explain to someone looking for a particular kind. Gemmy just never does simple.....they are one year wonders then the items vanish the next year ?!?!?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to everyone! thanks terra! ahaha! I have't got the chance to use my computer, so that's why I answer you so late. THANK YOU ALL!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i THINK that the difference between terra's first link and the other one, is that Sam's one (the second one) has a more detailed skull like he had once had flesh in it, has no eyes, and has a microphone. The first link, is a clean skull, it's not so realistic. It has eyeballs, etc. SO thank you terra! haha !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts