Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
I was wondering if anyone who has purchased this mirror could kindly provide some video of it in action? :) Im thinking this is THE most epic prop Ive seen all year but want to make sure before purchasing a Sams club membership to buy it. :) I would ever be so grateful. :)

Sam's Club - Haunted Halloween Animated Mirror
I have not seen it working Kitty, but saw it on display at Sam's and for a Halloween prop it seemed really well made, I plan on getting one myself although still figuring out where to use it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
They had it on display and working at my local Sam's Club. I think it was great. Once it light up though it just looked a bit like something behind glass as the mirror reflection went away (tho when not lit up it really did look like a mirror. and it is VERY VERY loud. We could hear it from half way across the store (and you know how big those stores are. It looks pretty solid construction wise and If I could afford it I would definatly get one. Sorry I don't have a video, but my kids loved it.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that video GOS :) Im a bit disappointed because he moves so fast, but he looks cool. thanks again for the video link, I must be a youtube noob because I failed at finding it earlier. I think this prop is a candidate for audio hacking, its just horrible. I wonder if this can be accomplished?

·
Registered
668 Posts
that is all it says and I did notice in the store that the one they had on display seemed to have trouble activating sometimes. Just remembered that and thought I should throw it out there.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hmm, that's pretty cool, but I agree, the audio is HORRIBLE!!! If it could be hacked, I'd definitely be interested.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Perfect Prop for the bathroom!

I am going to replace the mirror hanging over our first floor bath sink with this one. The minute we saw it at Sam's - it seemed great since it is sound activated ( I think the flush ;) should get it started. Based on the comments about the audio loudness, I think we better do a dry run prior to 10/31! BTW - I started an "Indoor Decor" thread a few moments ago. This being an indoor prop - hope others will hop over to add to the new thread. I could use some new ideas for decorating inside. Lord knows I am full up with outdoor ideas thanks to everyone on HF!! :rolleyes: BOO!!

·
Registered
14,086 Posts
Thanks for that video GOS :) Im a bit disappointed because he moves so fast, but he looks cool. thanks again for the video link, I must be a youtube noob because I failed at finding it earlier. I think this prop is a candidate for audio hacking, its just horrible. I wonder if this can be accomplished?

Doubt you're a You Tube noob! LOL. When I searched You Tube I didn't find anything either. Had I not seen a photo of this prop that someone posted here on the Sightings thread when it first came out (yeah HF for always being on top of what's out there), I wouldn't have recognized it. No mention of Sam's Club at all. I remember the pic had a great frame and have to say I like the frame alot. The ghost is okay I guess. I'm not as bothered by the sound so much as the repetiveness of the ghost's voice track. So it's not something that you would stand in front of that often but the effect is still pretty nice and the frame itself looks great. Reminds me of the quality Gemmy frame on an animated mummy face prop I picked up this year.

I like the idea of hanging it in the bathroom. That room is bound to get a bunch of traffic and more so when people say "you have to go into the bathroom!"

·
Ghouls Rule
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree, bathroom seems like the best place for him, or a hallway, but bathroom would be a number one place for him. lol..number one,.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
My Sam's Club has a clearance aisle. Last year I was able to buy the $80 gargoyle for 25$ after Halloween. This year my Sam's club has an overstock on these mirrors. I know for a fact that they wont even sale a third of them. So, I will wait it out, and hopefully buy it in the clearance section after halloween. 30 dollars for the haunted mirror is pretty reasonable. $70; not so much!

·
Ghouls Rule
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My Sam's Club has a clearance aisle. Last year I was able to buy the $80 gargoyle for 25$ after Halloween. This year my Sam's club has an overstock on these mirrors. I know for a fact that they wont even sale a third of them. So, I will wait it out, and hopefully buy it in the clearance section after halloween. 30 dollars for the haunted mirror is pretty reasonable. $70; not so much!
How does one find out if their sams club has overstock? :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Does anyone else find it annoying that the eyes flash to the audio?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts