Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam's is showing a head lifter Franky that I haven't seen before...

...and a head lifter witch that I think I've seen on the Gemmy site but not in any stores yet ...

Prices are pretty good for this time of the year - $108.00

FWIW

·
Registered
253 Posts
that heads up "Frankie" is the same as heads up "Harry", they just changed the clothes a bit and added those chains

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that heads up "Frankie" is the same as heads up "Harry", they just changed the clothes a bit and added those chains
...and added a new cover for the head (see the scars and stitches, etc). The same is true of the witch.

Last year after Halloween i bought a Heads up black and purple tux from Walmart.com for $30 delivered! No idea what I'll do with him, but I could not pass him up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Are these made by Gemmy? I sent Gemmy a email asking about the witch & they said it wasn't theirs. If not.. then who makes these Heads Up people?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are these made by Gemmy? I sent Gemmy a email asking about the witch & they said it wasn't theirs. If not.. then who makes these Heads Up people?
Some one at Gemmy is blowing smoke at you. That's EXACTLY the same witch face as the Gemmy Witch stirring the smoking cauldron and the Gemmy witch holding the crystal ball with the talking skelly head in it. I have them both.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Some one at Gemmy is blowing smoke at you. That's EXACTLY the same witch face as the Gemmy Witch stirring the smoking cauldron and the Gemmy witch holding the crystal ball with the talking skelly head in it. I have them both.
These are NOT gemmy figures!

None of the heads up figures are manufactured for or by Gemmy Inc. I suspect that Gemmy will/is filing a lawsuit with this company on the similarity between their witch and the heads up witch. She looks a little too "gemmy" to not be one!

To my knowledge, The heads up line includes: Harry "the original", Up Chuckles- clown, Hilda-witch, gravekeeper, franken-monster. If anyone knows who manufactures these figures please post the name of the company.

Again, These are NOT Gemmys! that is all...:D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are NOT gemmy figures!

None of the heads up figures are manufactured for or by Gemmy Inc. I suspect that Gemmy will/is filing a lawsuit with this company on the similarity between their witch and the heads up witch. She looks a little too "gemmy" to not be one!

To my knowledge, The heads up line includes: Harry "the original", Up Chuckles- clown, Hilda-witch, gravekeeper, franken-monster. If anyone knows who manufactures these figures please post the name of the company.

Again, These are NOT Gemmys! that is all...:D
I owned 6 full size Gemmys when I bought the heads up black & Purple lapel tux head lifter from Walmart.com last year. We'll start unpacking all the haunt stuff this weekend but I'm not sure if we'll get to the new headlifter right away. If this headlifter is really not Gemmy, they are not just copying the look, they are copying the mouth movement, the eyes, the eye movement, the base, the collapse mechanism, and even the packaging. I'll check the name as soon as possible - the enclosed instruction sheet too.

BTW, before Gemmy decides to sue, they should focus on improving their own quality. It will be interesting to see if this new head lfter is plagued with any of the gemmy-itus viruses about half of my other gemmys have experienced.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I picked up the Butler as well...works great and looks really good too. A really good value overall.

·
Registered
456 Posts
would love to see a butler video...all my sams had was the mirror and the butler...actually would like to see the mirror in action too...nothing was plugged in when I went

1 - 11 of 11 Posts