Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of 16 inch animated talking heads from Sam's CLub in 2010. Last year I loaned them out to someone and they returned them, When I went to use them in my haunt this year I discovered the adapter cord that connects to two busts and plugs into an electrical socket on another end was not in the box.

Does anyone own this prop and if so could you please take a picture of the adapter so I might be able to replace my missing one.

++++ 20170929_164117.jpg 20170929_164105(0) (1).jpg

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
I bought them too Ghouliet. And I think I can get to them easy enough and take a photo! Don't know if I can do it today still but if not over the weekend.

I feel good knowing that I actually know where I stored them so I can help. :D I have a Walmart Baseball Vendor from a number of years ago that I need to pull out this year to use in my display and hope I can find it as easily.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Good news/Bad news - There are two cables. The power supply should be easy to replace. The connecting cable might be tougher. I tried an audio cable and it didn't work. Sorry.
TalkingBusts01.jpg
TalkingBusts02.jpg
TalkingBusts03.jpg
TalkingBusts04.jpg
TalkingBusts05.jpg

·
Registered
475 Posts
This doesn't help you but while I was looking I noticed I had put in audio on/off switches. I think I used them on top of a cemetery sign. I liked the visual interaction they had but didn't want the audio. Like Ghost of Spookie somehow I knew exactly where these were.
TalkingBusts06.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have these. After years of use, I believe the connecting cord needs to be replaced. I've tried 2 aux cords with no luck. Anyone have suggestions or ideas for help? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
SarahC Let me know if you want me to check something on my prop. Don’t know where you live but if you are lucky enough to live by a Fry’s Electronics or any Radio Shack if any still exist by you, taking in your current cables should be helpful in getting you the exact product. The banding on the ends is critical to match. Hubby said right, left and ground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Russell,
Sadly, that was one of the two types of cords we tried. No dice.

With the original cord, we can get one or the other to start talking but the second won't respond. So, they both get power and operate but don't communicate with each other, leading me to think it's the connection cable.

The cord shows no visible signs of damage. But, I presume, like many charging cords for our phones, they get worn and develop possible shorts inside the cord? This is my best guess.

Sadly, radio shack is dead in the Kansas city area. I'm unsure of where I can take it these days. I might try microcenter if need be. It's not close but it's the only place I can imagine might be able to help.

Thank you all for the feedback. It very much is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You can find RadioShack online. I just purchased some rca adapters a week ago. Not sure if it's new but I was surprised they had an online presence. I thought they were gone too. I was happy to support them though. Try RadioShack.com

·
Registered
475 Posts
I suggest going to harbor freight and pick up a Digital Multimeter < $10. Check the continuity (lots of tutorials on the net) ring to ring on each end of the connector cable. That will tell you if it has a short. After reading that, if you look like a dog just given ice cream for the first time you'll love this. If the cable is bad and you can't find a replacement, you could hard wire it with 4 dabs of solder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts