Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have not watched WGN in many years. Do they still fill excessive amounts of every hour with ads? I never cared for them for this reason, making a 2 hour movie last 4 hours!

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not sure..I never watch that channel..I was flipping through and saw them showing what it was going to be about and stopped to watch, from what I could gather its about the Salem witch trials but also goes into the real witches also (not just the wrongly accused ones) I think its being filmed here in Louisiana..they built a small village that looks like salem would have back then? It may suck for all I know, but I tend to like history a lot so I may check it out.

heres what it says..

Set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts, Salem digs deep into the dark, supernatural truth hiding behind the town's infamous witch trials -- separating the real witches from who they are perceived to be

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Science may have figured it all out a few years ago. Women ate mostly grain and a fungus was on the grain that caused halluicinations, hence "Witches flying on broomsticks."
The same fungus also appeared in Europe in certain areas and "witch craft" happened there too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Previews look interesting, I'll check out the first couple of episodes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Meh. I might check out the first episode but it looks like it might be a little slow. Five minutes of something cool, 55 minutes a skimming through the forum with the TV on in the background. But I could be completely wrong.

Is Walking Dead back on yet???

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
There is actually a date set now - May 11. Even if it turns out to be nothing truly groundbreaking, the show cannot be any worse than the ending to AHS: Coven:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm going to give it a try. I tried watching American horror story Coven but didn't like it. Hopefully this is different.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I enjoyed Salem, but I do believe that it is going to be an acquired taste for many viewers. Dracula took a few episodes to really get going, booswife. No problem.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I missed this... but am interested in it... Halloween and History are my two big interests... soo Salem/ Sleepy Hollow are win wins no matter what!

Actually I'm loving Walking Dead's time slot replacement at the moment on AMC. "Turn." They even had an episode that featured Guy Fawkes Day! So another mix of Halloween and History!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I thought it looked interesting, but my cable company doesn't carry WGN. I couldn't get into Dracula either. I miss Walking Dead, but like someone else said I'm really loving Turn

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I liked it but wow I didn't expect so much nudity! I thought WGN was just a local channel out of Chicago.
That frog scene was disgusting but I thought it was going to get so much worse with the "feeding" shot...lol!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
That frog scene was disgusting but I thought it was going to get so much worse with the "feeding" shot...lol!
Hahaha. Yeah, I expected the 'feeding' to go a different route, too. Glad that I was not the only one with my mind in the gutter:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts