Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be late to the party on this one, but I just saw that Michael's has Christmas stuff at 90% off. I got those cinnamon scented witch's broom looking things for 49 cents. I live in the Phoenix area.

They also have 2 ox acrylic paints for 33 cents each. I notice those can go for as much as $1 per oz, so I don't know if they are OK for professionals, but I suspect they are fine for my props.

I found cool jars suitable for mad science too, but they were not on sale.

I also learned that they accept hobby lobby and Joanne coupons, which was news to me.

I thought someone on here might want to get some of the Christmas stuff. Spray paint a wreath black? IDK. Just passing on the info.

·
Registered
14,436 Posts
This Sunday (01/23) is their 4-hour Madness Sale, just got my email about it and the coupons to use. Don't have them in front of me but something like 25% off everything regular priced (in other words not on sale and with other restrictions I think) and 40% off one item (assume same restrictions). Always a good time to shop ahead of time if you have projects in the works throughout the year. Don't forget they carry the Wilton baking pans, candy molds and other products too and 40% off of one of those items might be nice. If they have that 3D skull baking pan in stock that would be a nice find (something like $30 regularly I think). A wire foam cutter or airbrush equipment also comes to mind.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,074 Posts
JustJim- I've spray painted a wreath black before - took some time & patience to get it all covered. I loved how it looked - then not long after that, I found ready made black ones :mad: !!! But at least I can confirm it is do-able.

I was at Michael's today. Got 2 packages of battery operated candle sticks for $.59 each. There are 2 candles in each package. Hubby thinks I'm going to put them in the windows at Christmas - muahahaha I don't think so ! ! ! Got some other random stuff, too.

I love their sales !! And thanks for the info about them taking coupons from the other places - I didn't know that, either!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Lisa! No candle sticks at the stores near me. They did have those clear glass ornaments you are supposed to paint or put stuff in. I think I'll end up giving those to a Christmas oriented friend.

Too bad I did not have a coupon for the extra 25% off - it was good even for clearance items!

Ended up buying the wife a huge picture frame that was 40% off. My son thought I bought it just so I could use the glass for Pepper's Ghost. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
JustJim- I've spray painted a wreath black before - took some time & patience to get it all covered. I loved how it looked - then not long after that, I found ready made black ones :mad: !!! But at least I can confirm it is do-able.

I was at Michael's today. Got 2 packages of battery operated candle sticks for $.59 each. There are 2 candles in each package. Hubby thinks I'm going to put them in the windows at Christmas - muahahaha I don't think so ! ! ! Got some other random stuff, too.

I love their sales !! And thanks for the info about them taking coupons from the other places - I didn't know that, either!

I've spray painted a wreath black before, too. And I second that it takes some considerable patience, but that the end result is quite rewarding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts