Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've heard that you can get a "safe" chainsaw, but I can't find one...has anyone purchased one of these? how realistic are they?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Here is the chainsaw
Deluxe Animated Chainsaw with Sound - Costumes
I bought it at Garden Ridge for $40
I have to say it is pretty good.
I looks realistic. The chain even moves.
The sound is good but not quite as load as a real chain saw.
It will still scare people.
I am going to mount a wireless microphone to mine and amplify it through my PA system.

Much better the dealing with a real chain saw. Keeping it running, removing the chain, oil squirting everywhere, exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Remove chain

We do this in our haunted house every year. Weve had kids pee there pants! Don't buy anything, borrow a real chainsaw and remove the chain!! When you crank that thing up man it's hillarious!!!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was going to use a real chainsaw but my butcher room is deep inside my haunted house.
I didn't want exhaust to choke eevryone.
Plus, you can hear it idle before you hit the gas. I want a complete startle.
I guess outside, a real chainsaw it better.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Here is the chainsaw
I bought it at Garden Ridge for $40
I have to say it is pretty good.
I looks realistic. The chain even moves.
The sound is good but not quite as load as a real chain saw.
It will still scare people.
I am going to mount a wireless microphone to mine and amplify it through my PA system.

Much better the dealing with a real chain saw. Keeping it running, removing the chain, oil squirting everywhere, exhaust, etc.
Y'know, I saw this at a discount store near me two years ago for $15 and I didn't grab it! I still kick myself for that!

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
I was actually really suprise with the one at garden ridge. When I pushed the button to start it, it actually startled me. lol. I had remebered one a while back that was just God awful and had the worst sound ever. But that puppy has a nice big rummble. Not as good as a real chain saw but I'd say worth it. Might go get me one just to have. :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
This one is much better and easier than the real thing

I bought this fake one
And I am going to amplify the sound through my PA.
I got this one too and its excellent.It actually has a better high startle factor than the real thing. Yeah a real one is still louder but all the hayrides I've been on none of the 100's of real chainsaws I heard ever surprised me because you could hear them pull starting them or idling many yards up the trail....not very effective. But this one you hide it behind your back sneak up on them and hold it over their head for max. volume effect (and they will run and run real fast) .......works better than the real thing. We also use electric leaf blowers for air blast and they are pretty loud too.Also Party City and Halloween Express has the full size saws like mine and in the pic above.......but they sell fast and I only saw 4 at each store a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I strapped a wireless microphone to mine last night.
The mic is amplified through my PA system with only one of my giant JBL speakers connected.
WOW
Much louder that even a real chain saw.
No idle, no smoke, no pull starting, no oil.
I love it!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree, I picked up one of the deluxe electric saws from buycostumes.com a week ago, it is surprisingly loud and in the dark it is very convincing as the real deal. I agree that you can up the startle factor with these as there is no idle noise as with a real chainsaw.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I too picked up one of these last week. My 15 year old son has been bugging me to let him do the chainsaw thing for a second year in a row. This is the perfect compromise. As others have stated, in the dark it looks great. While it could be a touch louder, it won't make enemies with our neighbors, which is why I was balking at the chainsaw thing inthe first place.

Thanks to whoever posted this in the first place a couple weeks ago! When I read about it I rushed over to Party City and got one of the two they had in stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts