Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this news story about a Sacramento family that had their halloween airblown decorations stolen, a cat and a motor cycle. They put up a sign to shame the thieves and the police had a suggestion probably worth considering for everyone if you have any hope of police recovery. Scary thing about their theft was that the thieves left behind a taser. I think having some kind of alarm is still a worthwhile addition to props of any value if you can use one. That was one suggestion that I didn't hear mentioned in the KCRA video.

http://m.kcra.com/news/how-the-grinch-stole-halloween-and-left-behind-a-stun-gun/29247936

If I lived in the area I would walk some extra decorations over to their house. Feel bad for the kids. And I really liked that particular cat airblown too. I would feel really bad about losing that one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thats one of those things I think about with wanting to add new items to our halloween display especially doing nightmare before christmas items that someone will think it's really good and it should belong to them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Terrible that some jerks stole the decorations, but the stun gun/taser is a new level of jerkishness. I wonder if they would have used it on the kids if they would have come outside during the theft? Just awful! :(

·
Registered
264 Posts
That is just awful. Most people build their collections year after year. I now that mayhem is a Halloween tradition but outright theft is plain wrong.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I do not put anything past people. Very pathetic pieces of dung to do that, no doubt about it. Too bad that the taser did not malfunction and light the hoodlum(s) on fire.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I can't see your video but saw on my news this morning a family in Texas had a giant inflatable cat stolen (all caught on film) from thier yard. My news crew frequently gets things wrong so it may be the same story you are talking about. I couldn't believe the guy just calmly unplugged it and went about his business of pulling the stakes and walking away with it. Someone posted a pic of the one they just bought recently from GR and I thought...OMG I hope it wasn't theirs!

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed the URL for the news station has an M in front of the station call letters and am sure that's how they code for mobile. If you can click on the link, let the page load, go the the URL and change the M to read www instead and then try reloading the page with that it might work for you.

But no it's a different story. This one is in Sacramento, Calif. and as I recall the video of the cat is of the same cat as on GR although I think it wasn't this year's version which has a soft fuzzy texture. Believe it was the smooth nylon material. I don't really pay that much attention to inflatables but just think that cat is a nice one.

here let me see if I can just redo the URL:

http://www.kcra.com/news/how-the-grinch-stole-halloween-and-left-behind-a-stun-gun/29247936

does that work now? The video is embedded on their site and it doesn't look to be a youtube one or vimeo so if that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pretty sad. Our first Halloween in this house we had some decorations stolen, strobe lights and blacklights that were zip tied to a tree. Sad thing is it happened during a 20 minute window while we were in the basement.

Neighbors up the street used to do a lot for christmas, bunches of the inflatable things. A couple years back,someone slashed ALL of them (like 8). My dad lives a few blocks over, his got slashed a year or two ago.

Thieves are bad enough, but vandals are what really get me.

We actually stopped decoration outside because we don't even get trick or treaters anymore (parents taken them up to the fancy areas). This neighborhood isn't even that bad otherwise. *sigh*

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
At least something that gets stolen will presumably be used by the thief. In my neck of the dark woods, they just smash your stuff and leave it there in your front yard,which is why Halloween decor is a one day thing for me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This is a big part of the reason I focus mainly on our halloween party rather than TOTing. The halloween party I can decorate to my heart's extent inside and in the backyard and don't have to worry about anything walking off. For TOTing I just use a small subset of the stuff I use for the party - basically what I can set up and take down in one day. Once everything is set up, either my wife or I are outside the entire time to watch over things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts