Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to make a small prop. While people are standing in line, I want to run a rat on a beam either near them or above them, etc. I have some ideas on how to make the rat move across the beam but thought I'd check in to make sure I'm not reinventing the wheel (pun intended). Has anyone done that? It must have hidden inner workings and be automated -- so I assume it'd be in some loop.

My first thought is an axworthy ghost but on the beams. But open to suggestions.

·
Registered
228 Posts
being on a beam I'd go with more of a conveyor system where at the ends you have a pillar to hide the rats going into it and the beam being hollow unless you want them to run on top and bottom of the beam that would be the easiest way other way would be to use a train track or a even better way would be to use a very complex magnet rigging

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Don't know if this would work for you but I saw a spider attached to a RC Car. you might be able to use the same concept?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Joseph, the beams hold up the barn, so they couldn't be hollow, but I did/am considering building a faux beam or at least part of one to do the same. OffmyMeds -- love the name. The RC car hadn't occurred to me but I was thinking of using a slot car. That way it'd stay on track. My biggest concern there would be dirt and dust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts