Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My Halloween party is planned 10/10, however I have been super preoccupied with family stuff. Without going into too much detail, my father (who was living with us) has dementia and really went down hill, sudden and quick. He is no longer at my home but we're working for a long term solution now, so he's safe, and we're safe and everyone's happy. This all takes a lot of my time.

That being said, I haven't had time for Halloween :( I feel awful, like I'm not myself.

I am requesting from you, my friends, some cool, easy gag ideas, maybe 3-4, that would be conservative in time but be impressive? Any ideas?

My theme is vampires. I have a few custom tombstones made so far this year.

Thank you, all of you, so much. I haven't had much activity lately, but you all help keep me sane. Much love.

·
Registered
573 Posts
By gag ideas do you mean you are looking for ideas to startle/scare your guests? Or are you looking for ideas of stuff to do during your party with your guests? I know we can help you come up with ideas. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Itz, yes, I mean something to scare/startle. Really any cool idea is great. I appreciate it, thank you!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be adults only- mostly everyone attending has a good sense of humor, too. Thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Still brainstorming ideas for you, you could do something like making a "coffin" out of cardboard, paint it and use it to serve your food. If you can find a small noise making prop that's sound or light activated try hanging it on the back of a door where people aren't expecting it (my mom had hung a Santa that plays music to light changes on the back of a bathroom door, my cousin went in closed the door and turned on the light setting him off. It scared her enough she let out a little scream because she wasn't expecting it and we weren't even trying!! We still laugh about it today!). Still brainstorming for ideas for you. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sometimes the silliest things cause the most conversation. Last year the surprise was the ghost bathroom buddy, usually available at Walmarts, CVS, etc. I am attaching a pic and a link to the pic, he is the guy with the plunger and looks innocent enough with the other decorations. But when people go into your bathroom he will be one of the hits of the party.

http://www.jameshalloweenparty.com/gallery/2014/images/20141019_071041.jpg

Shelf Toy Figurine Collection Still life

·
Registered
274 Posts
Have you seen the jumping spider at Spirit? It is motion censored and will jump out at people. Scares everyone that walks by even when they anticipate it coming. :) I'll try to brainstorm more for you. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts