Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to take a good guess here and determine that based on what I saw at At Homes, that Home Depot will get Skeleton Unicorns this year. It also wouldn't surprise me if someone makes a different version of the skeleton dragons.

Anyone else heard any rumors?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,469 Posts
Looks like circus and celestial themes pretty strong across the board, and I predict we'll see more large/elaborate props, especially figures like they used to do 10+ years ago.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Can't wait! I feel like a kid looking in the shop window at stuff I know I'll never have, when I see what you guys get in the stores over the water.

·
Registered
676 Posts
A unicorn skeleton?? Wow! I might have to get my daughter one of those. :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
I heard a rumor that Halloween this year is on Friday the 13th. As for a unicorn skeleton I am betting it would be priced $50 more than just the horse skeleton. I would think you could get the horse and make a horn for a couple bucks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I want a unicorn skeleton, and a dragon one, too. For a while, I looked for a pig skeleton, for the luau at Club Dead, but the only one I could find was a veterinary model that cost $$$$$.$$

However, if the catalogs that flood our mailbox mean anything, mermaids are HUGE, which is good, because our merskeleton is very popular with the little TOTS.
I wish we could get a proper one, but we've always made do with a skelly from the waist up, with a homemade stuffed tail.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Even replica bones and skulls are expensive. If I didn't mind the stench and messiness, I would just go to a local farm around butchering time and see if they would give me the bones from a pig or cow or goat or whatever. Honestly though, there has been more than a few times I was tempted to pick up the carcass of a buzzard, or crow or small deer off the side of the road and take it home to clean it. The carcass has to be left outside in the elements inside a cage so varmints don't scatter the remains across three states while it decomposes. Or it can be macerated, which is a long and nasty process involving many changes of horribly foul water. Neither option is pleasant, dermestid beetles are probably too expensive as well with the same problem of reek.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts