Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how you handled a teenager who is rude and comes by. Nearly all ToTs were very cute and polite but I had one group that was not. I just dealt with the 3 of them smiled wished them Happy Halloween and sent them in their way. I was curious what you do?

They had no costumes, very entitled, no trick or treat, no thank you and a snot nosed comment because I had treat bags instead of candy in a bowl for them to sort through. I told the girl that the bags had candy in them and she could have one. Her brothers just followed her to the door and each took one.

Such pleasant teenagers lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the same teens come to the house every year beacuse I give out full size candy bars. But this year I was ready for them. I gave each of them a pack of pencils haha. Tho they threw them in the yard but hey they'll be back next year and guess what? Those pencils will be waiting for them haha

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
We had a few rude kids and teenagers. Walk up in costume, grab their candy then leave and one girl gave my tree face decoration a foul look when she walked by and it screamed at her. I was already in a bad mood and those ungrateful little turds.didn't make it any better

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ugh, rude people are just the worst. Luckily we only had two grouches today of the 100 or so people we saw. One instance was an old lady who I happen to scare really good, who just felt the need to make the "You're 20 years old going on 5!" comment after she jumped 10 feet out of her skin, so I told her to go change her diaper (her family was hysterically laughing after I shot that back).

Another was a kid (14 or 15 years old) who walked up, loudly proclaimed how lame and stupid everything was to him (including feeling the need to touch things), so we dealt with him by scaring him away.. apparently a chainsaw isnt lame, because he booked it when one of my actors came at him.

I'm never mean to people and I dont like to be, but when I'm out there in the yard that takes months of building and a nice chunk of hard earned money, if youre going to be a grouch, I'm going to shoot right back. I get very offended when people make these dumb comments. Also being in costume and in character helps mask my nastiness.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's hard for them to collect any candy when they are running down the street screaming, trying to hold up their pants with a newly planted load in them. :eek:

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
I had the same rude parent come again this year. She keeps talking about the last residents that decorated for Halloween in the same house. FORGET about the people who were here last, this is my haunt and it's probably a lot better. Her daughter older teenage daughter said, "Well I like your house". I thanked her.

I do this on my own. I don't want to be compared to some family that was here years before....

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I just laugh and make mild fun of the teens that are too cool for Halloween, but somehow end up begging for candy with all the uncool kids.
Usually I use the "Say the Words!!!" schtick on them ("the words" being, Trick or Treat).
When they just stand there, inevitably one of their friends, or some other kid who came along, will say it, and I roar out "THAT'S what I wanted to hear!!" and dump some candy in their bag.
Very soon, most others have followed suit, and have candy - the "cool" little twerp holding out is left standing there with all his peers poking fun at him, as he won't say that simple phrase.

It ends when they say it, and get candy, or they just turn and leave, which is almost never.

And no matter what, I'm smiling all the way through.
Most people give up on being rude if you are just having too much fun for them to ruin you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same teens come to the house every year beacuse I give out full size candy bars. But this year I was ready for them. I gave each of them a pack of pencils haha. Tho they threw them in the yard but hey they'll be back next year and guess what? Those pencils will be waiting for them haha
Well played, make sure you add a little extra dirt on them LOL

·
Registered
471 Posts
I read this in a blog earlier this week -

"What can trick or treaters expect in their bags this Halloween when visiting Uncle Pigors' pad?

Well if you are decked out super creepy you may get a whole TRICK OR TREAT BAG of goodies, if you aren’t dressed, rude, and don’t even say TRICK OR TREAT you are getting a dog bone. It's now a tradition I hope to pass on to other folks. This way maybe those kids will get the picture and try a lil harder at Halloween!"

My Daughter gave out three last night ;)

The Source - http://spookycreepycool.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have to say, some of the teenagers we got were awesome! They're all been very grateful an one girl even APOLOGIZED to me because she had no costume...I told her don't sweat it! Halloween is for everyone! I think how we regard them reflects their behaviour. Remember, many of them may have parents that haven't taught them manners etc. so if WE show them it's all in good fun, they usually respond in kind! (From my experience)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Last night the individual who was handing out candy stepped away from the cauldron bucket and when I looked toward the candy station I noticed two teenagers reaching in and pulling out handfuls of candy. Unfortunately they ran before I could get there ... pretty sure I know who they were and I'll be ready for them next year ... definitely considering the pencil idea!

·
Registered
874 Posts
i had treat bags also , which i put a halloween pencil in along with candy and the teenager girl asked if there was candy in it!
as if!
dont want them coming back trying to trash anything or throw eggs:(

·
Registered
169 Posts
Had a gang-like 10-15 teen boys show up at 9pm to TOT without costumes. Was impressed they said Trick or Treat but my lights were off, most of the street was empty. They are lucky I didn't spook easy. My dog was more than happy to let them know it was too late to be out. Although I did tell them we were out of candy (which we were).

I am disappointed with no costume but to not say trick or treat is just plain lazy. Thankfully my mom hands out the candy (she was a school bus driver for 20 years) she makes sure they say TOT or no candy. She also is quick to put them in their place if they cop an attitude. I love her.

Hubby and I WILL be keeping a closer eye out next year. One teen body slammed my daughter who was in costume scaring people as they came up. Guess the crowd was too much for hubby to see. (We would get like 20 people at a time) but I wasn't there. I told her if someone touches her again to aim for the crotch.
I am seriously thinking of posting a gravestone or cemetery sign with rules about no touching the monsters and no breaking in front of the little kids.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I read this in a blog earlier this week -

"What can trick or treaters expect in their bags this Halloween when visiting Uncle Pigors' pad?

Well if you are decked out super creepy you may get a whole TRICK OR TREAT BAG of goodies, if you aren’t dressed, rude, and don’t even say TRICK OR TREAT you are getting a dog bone. It's now a tradition I hope to pass on to other folks. This way maybe those kids will get the picture and try a lil harder at Halloween!"

My Daughter out three last night ;)

The Source - http://spookycreepycool.blogspot.com/
Dog bones....beautiful :cool:

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
Sadly, I was the only house on my block that went all out with my yard decorations. I even put up a tent by my front door with black lights and everything so I could stand out there in the rain and kids would have a place to dry off while I was handing them candy. I had a lot of adults that came in cars with their kids telling me that it wouldn't be Halloween if they didn't stop at my house and that they were from another town and heard from friends about my house. I did however have people standing on the sidewalk just looking in disbelief. Then they saw me, shook their head like I was nuts or something and walked away. Sorry that you can't believe a house actually decorates for Halloween. Big shocker there. LOL
I did have to caution tape off the front display gate because kids kept walking through my yard that way. I even put up a sign to please walk around to the front door and they still walked through the caution tape. One kid even pulled down the caution tape and walked through...really!!! Don't the parents know that it's dangerous to walk right through someones yard display? Then I had a few entitled teenagers who came with no costume, didn't say trick or treat or thank you. They just look like I was joking when I gave them candy because they wanted more. The really nice people who came and complimented me outweighed the rude people though. I just can't believe what Halloween has turned into these days. No one gets in the spirit anymore and hardly anyone had their outside lights on for trick or treaters.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts