Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oooooooh, I think I want to do a happy dance!!!! Does anyone here have access to a Rubies 2009 catalog and if they do could they possibly scan me the Wizard of Oz stuff? I just checked the Rubies site and there's some really cool masks, especially the flying monkey and new costumes and accessories and it looks like DECORATIVE stuff which I'm REALLY excited about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's stuff listed on the site, but no pics. :( I'm the impatient sort and I'm just dying to see what there is.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANK YOU BOTH!!!!!!! I'll just have to be patient and try to hold my water. I just saw a pic of the new Oz PEZ!!!!!!!!!!! today so I think I can try to float on that for awhile. If you can possibly get me a catalog, I'd so love one! I'd reimburse for cost and shipping and such. I keep track of Oz collectibles and document as well as collect so I LOVE catalogs. Great for my collection and for research. I'm really excited about the flying monkey stuff, I know it's going to be so cool. FLYING MONKEYS ROCK!!!! Thank you, thank you!!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't get any info/help from anyone else, I'll try to pick you one up when I'm at Transworld next month, that is if you can hold out til then....:)
I'd really LOVE one. Should have read your message closer the first time. :p I'm at the library again because our computer won't turn on, durn thing so I'm trying to be fast.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got one in houston. I will be back on Friday and may be able to get some pics up.
Is it friday yet?????? teehee.

I wanted to say too, if anyone is at the trade shows and sees anything Wizard of Oz, I'd love to know about it, no matter how gross or scary it may be. Scary Oz would be fun!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Succub'OZ

It completely slipped my mind but PMG has a whole new line of twisted OZ costumes that are new this year. Very dark. The rubies flying monkey and wizard actually came out last year as I still have a few in stock now. They sent them really late so I never bothered listing them. But when I get back tonight I will try and list the new OZ picks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NEAT!!!! I don't think I've heard of PMG. I'll have to look them up. Can't wait to see pics!! Thanks so very much!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh my Gawd!! I LOVE THE WICKED OF OZ!!!!!! That's really fun stuff!!!!!!! Can't wait to see what else Rubies is up to. Thank you SO much for taking the time to do this.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup. Got it. I'm excited about everything. :p

I just checked the Rubies site again and their new pics still aren't working so I really appreciate the effort.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are there any pics from Rubies of #9191 18" Hanging Wicked Witch,
#9192 WICKED WITCH FLYING INTO TREE
#9193 HAUNTED FOREST SIGN
#9164 FLYING MONKEY WALL MOUNT
#9165 FLYING MONKEY WALL HANG
#9163 INFL. MELTING WITCH
#9166 leg w/feet
#9162 Haunted Forest Tree Face
#9161 YELLOW BRICK ROAD

Or anything else noted as new for 2009? I keep checking the website and they have these things listed but no photos. :(

·
Registered
735 Posts
If I remember right the pages said under construction and there were no real pics of the stuff you mentioned. I will check.

·
Registered
725 Posts
<-- Grew up in the same town as Judy Garland. She never really liked us and the feeling is mutual. So in short, growing up with the museum and the festivals and the munchkin discussion boards has left a bad taste in my mouth about Oz. On the other hand, that Wicked of Oz stuff is kind of cool.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<-- Grew up in the same town as Judy Garland. She never really liked us and the feeling is mutual. So in short, growing up with the museum and the festivals and the munchkin discussion boards has left a bad taste in my mouth about Oz. On the other hand, that Wicked of Oz stuff is kind of cool.
UNTRUE. Her time in Grand Rapids, though short, was idyllic for her. She made one return in 1938 and had a wonderful time and the town treated her just lovely. Don't always rely on local legend. She moved when she was four. She's told wonderful stories of hot chocolate and making snow angels with her father. Her mom is portrayed as someting of a pushy stage mother and had Hollywood ambitions and the climate in CA was better for little Baby Gumm's health anyway and there's speculation about her father as well....... I could see people having issues with the parents but a four year old? And that Halloween folks is your Judy Garland lesson for the day. :p

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I remember right the pages said under construction and there were no real pics of the stuff you mentioned. I will check.
They don't have a new catalog for this year yet? I thought for sure this stuff would be in a 2009 catalog but maybe they're not ready to go. ???

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes there is the new catalog but it says under construction. They may have an insert in Vegas. I will check.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts