Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received my masks/bald caps/paint and all that jazz. Being that this is my first time using rmgp I decided to play with it a little bit. I found that it is slightly difficult to spread, and I fear that painting an entire bald cap with this is bound to be tough.

Is there some way to make this stuff easier to spread? I don't want it to be like water, but it would be nice if I could make it just slightly thinner.

I also tried overlaying colors. I painted a portion of my arm black, then I tried simply making a red 'spot' to see how hard it would be to make a design, and the black came off of my skin, and onto the makeup sponge, leaving no red behind. Should I set the black with powder first?

Is there any sort of online resource for using this type of make-up? I couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you use regular cream makeup on the skin, perhaps even liquid body make up. Use the RMGP on the mask or appliance, then blend the two together, then set the entire thing with powder. I don't believe it's intended for use on the skin. Frankly, we just use the skin make up on the appliance then powder set it. We use a sponge type applicator and dab it on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to be covered entirely on my face. Appliance on my face and then a bald cap covering my hair. So it'll be grease all the way

·
Registered
1 Posts
RMGP help

Scraggles,

You should always dilute the RMGP with a little alcohol on a palette or any non-porous flat surface (mix together a bit) then use a sponge to stipple on the color. you want the sponge to be fairly saturated with alcohol & color. i suggest using 99% isopropyl b/c it will evaporate quickest. to apply to the bald cap & prosthetic, use a dabbing motion, but you want to work quickly and with enough pressure to deposit the color evenly so it blends between the two appliances. by the way you probably want to use at least 2 or three colors to get a realistic look. in other words, stipple the 1st color ALL OVER, then the second, then the third & so on, until you get the desired effect. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts