Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. I purchased a rotisserie motor in the hopes of copying the skeleton that BigAnt has on top of his column at Eerie Acres. Most rotisserie motors are supposed to reverse when they meet resistance, right? The salesman said this one reversed. My daughter destroyed the box so now I assume I can't return it. In the meantime, a family member bought me another bigger rotisserie motor that is "twin direction". Well it will reverse if I turn it off and back on, but not if it meets resistance. So now I have not one, but two rotisserie motors that do not reverse if they meet resistance and no turning skeleton. This is where I need the experts of this forum to provide me with ideas on what to do with them. And, no, they won't fit my grill either.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,420 Posts
Try using this set up

It was easier to give you the link than for me to explain it . Hope this helps

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use one to open and close the lid of my toe pincher coffin. I use another to raise and lower a head in my ring girl well prop. I just attach a large wood disc to the square rod. I the attach my lifting arm to the wood wheel. As it spins around the arm goes up and down.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,420 Posts
Yeah , the link didn't work for some reason.
What you would need to do is attach an arm to the motor and the skeleton and use another length to connect the two together and let the motor run. It will run continuous in one direction ,but with the arm on the skeleton it will rotate left and right. You might have to play around with the length of t he arms though. Most people use a cardboard template to do this to get all the linkage right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts