Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all rotisserie motor self reverse if put under a load? I am wanting to do a couple props with these but want to be sure they will reverse when I stop them with a chain like in this video...

https://youtu.be/KxruynvVCJY

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think so, but i'm not positive, ithink it should say cw/ccw on the box if it does.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have any models that do reverse? I would like to get a couple but do not want to get ones that don't reverse. If I can not got them will go with wiper motors and linkages this looks simpler though...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the wiper motors don't reverse but with the 3 linkages I can get the back and forth motion I'm looking for. I want to do a leering skeleton effect and was hoping for ease and piece of mind I could find a rotisserie motor to do it with. I want to put it in an existing space and have limited room for the linkage to work.

Would the motor you linked to have enough torque to do a leering skeleton? I'm relatively new to motors and still feeling my way through all this. I have several vent motors on hand as well I could use. Going to try those tonight to see if they reverse under a load.

Thanks for the comments keep um coming...

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I know the wiper motors don't reverse but with the 3 linkages I can get the back and forth motion I'm looking for. I want to do a leering skeleton effect and was hoping for ease and piece of mind I could find a rotisserie motor to do it with. I want to put it in an existing space and have limited room for the linkage to work.

Would the motor you linked to have enough torque to do a leering skeleton? I'm relatively new to motors and still feeling my way through all this. I have several vent motors on hand as well I could use. Going to try those tonight to see if they reverse under a load.

Thanks for the comments keep um coming...
The Synchronous Motor will work for that type of prop, I personally have not built one but others here have using linkage for the back and forth motion. I believe there is a current thread on Leering Skellies right now that used them. http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/141918-leering-skeleton.html
The wiper motor will also work but probably overkill.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yep, those work fine, we just did a make n take and we built 4 of those, all with the little ac/ sync motors, and linkage rods from servo city, works great and you can alter the movement with different lengths of linkage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts