Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked the "roses with eyeballs" concept at last year's Howl-o-Scream, so I thought I'd try to make a few just for fun. Here's some pics of the results. I used 1.25" wood balls and silk roses from Hobby Lobby. I painted the eyeballs with white acrylic paint (and red in the back, although that wasn't really necessary). I used a few threads pulled from some red yarn for the blood vessels on the whites of the eyes. For the irises, I found an image on the web and printed it using a color laser (works much better than an ink jet printer for this purpose). After cutting out the irises, I soaked them in distilled white vinegar for a minute which helped them conform to the shape of the shape of the eyeball. I coated the eyes with a 5-minute epoxy which gave them a really nice glossy look. Finally, I attached the eyeballs to the roses using hot glue. I'm really happy with the results!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm speechless ..... U couldn't have done better. I love it..... Wow so many possibilities....thanks for posting

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's creepy and awesome. I can't believe the level of detail- I would never have the patience for that, haha. Kudos to you!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Those turned out great! I'm going to have to try something like that for my theme this year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fantastic, i love them, think i might have some at my party but use sweet eyeballs insted and then the kids can eat them and will save me some work lol.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've had a smilar idea for awhile now and have finaly been motivated to get to work, I've finish my prototype (see video) I hope to have the parts this weekend to automate it. If it turns out as I hope I plan to make 13 to go in a vase, motion activated.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts