Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Has anyone used a "Roomba" (the robotic vacuum cleaner) in a prop? I saw one at a thrift store the other day and I got to thinking about maybe attaching a skull to it or maybe a cauldron. It would have to be used on a semi hard surface, but I think it would be pretty neat. I don't have any experience with them so I don't know how powerful they are.

Has anyone tried it?

Thanks
E

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
My wife would shot me if I tampered with her Roomba. But it would look cool as a giant rat running around the floor. :D

The Pod

·
Grave Rigger
982 Posts
LMAO!!! Wow, I guess i need one of those. They must be fantastic. I mean for cleaning and all :p
We also have a Scooba for the hardwood floors. (sprays, acrubs, vacuums) And my wife bought me a Dirt Dog, which is a heavy duty Roombe for shops and garages. They are Awesome, and well worththe money!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Ha Ha! That reminds me. I bought a thing on clearance a couple of years ago called a "RoboMaid". It's supposedly for cleaning bare floors. The main part of it is shaped kind of like a large plastic cowboy hat with the top cut out of it. A felt pad goes on the bottom (of the hat part) and then you put this rechargable smooth plastic ball (about the size of a softball) inside the middle of the hat thingy. You switch on the ball and it goes crazy--it wobbles around like a bumble ball, propelling the hat with the felt pad all over the floor. The ball wobbles so violently it's hard to hold it still to hit the "off" switch!!
Anyway, I bought it with the intention of making a moving Halloween prop, like a spider, but still haven't gotten around to it. LOL
I think I paid about $8.00 for it.

·
Vesta
1,390 Posts
We also have a Scooba for the hardwood floors. (sprays, acrubs, vacuums) And my wife bought me a Dirt Dog, which is a heavy duty Roombe for shops and garages. They are Awesome, and well worththe money!
Seriously?! Man, I really need one of those. Most of my downstairs floors are hardwood. That would really free up a lot more time for HF :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry rnrkid, I didn't see your previous thread, previously.

I am thinking that I will keep my eye out for one now! My place needs a good vacuuming anyway!

Hmm, I like this idea.

·
Grave Rigger
982 Posts
Sorry rnrkid, I didn't see your previous thread, previously.

I am thinking that I will keep my eye out for one now! My place needs a good vacuuming anyway!

Hmm, I like this idea.
They are great! And if you can find one cheap, it would definately be a good project. The great thing about these units is they are very easy to take apart. Very few screws, and a lot of levers. You could remove the upper body, resecure the motors, and you would have a full function, low profile platform.

...oh yeah, and you can get a remote control for them:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts