Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As our haunt here has grown, we have begun to fill out a lot of our spaces, and are considering moving up to the roof. However, we are concerned about damaging the roof in an attempt to attach props up there. Is anyone aware of any methods to safely attach large spider props to the roof. The spider below is partly what we wish to install. However, we plan to lighten the body load and make adjustments to the legs.
Any ideas?
arraxus.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not really sure on any safe ways to attach items to the roof without really damaging the shingles...but I wish you luck and I love the neon green!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really sure on any safe ways to attach items to the roof without really damaging the shingles...but I wish you luck and I love the neon green!!!!
I used Blacklight reactive paint, so she glows when lit up with them at night.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of placing a giant spider inflatable on our roof and have the same concerns about shingle damage. I was thinking I could anchor it with black paracord and either find something heavy on the ground to tie to or drive a stake in. I think if I can keep it tight enough not to move I can't see it doing any damage. I found a guy online that had done something similar but his roof was fairly flat. Mine has a very steep grade.

·
Registered
334 Posts
On my garage roof, I've taken 2 - 24" x 24" 3/4" outdoor plywood squares and hinged them, one half to the front peak and the other half on the back peak.
Using a flagpole bracket (adjustable angle), I inserted a pole an attached the big latex crouching devil to the pole.
However, I did not leave out when Sandy was approaching NJ, though I did leave other items, as a test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts