Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow Haunters:

In a perfect world I would like to put an animatronic 3' Gargoyle on the peak of my roof for less than $1,500.
I cannot find a decent looking Gargoyle let alone one with movement. I may take this on as a build next year. Yes, I have seen the one Distortions makes for like 10k. Out of budget and too big.

My question is this: Does anyone put static or animated props on the roof of their home and if so, can you share a picture and/or how you made it or where you bought it?

Thank you in advance,

--HaLLoWeeN SNoB--

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a roof skeleton I put up - was very simple and always gets noticed. Bought giant skeleton head at Spirit or Walmart, filled it with Great Foam (so it would not get ripped apart by high winds and to hold in the pvc stuck into it to connect head with 'body'). PVC for the fingers/base.
It looks like he is climbing up from the back of the house towards the front.
Green pool noodles for fingers (which was replaced with white foam fingers once I found some white foam)

I then spotlight it for night time with a white led light.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used to have a spider's nest stretching across between the dormers, down to the front porch, then along the little jutty-outy part of the garage. My roof pitch is STUPIDLY steep, though, and I live alone. And my ladder fell over while I was trying to take it all down last year. I don't think I'll have any more roof deco anymore. ;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
A gargoyle would be cool but make what ever you want or go on line, you can find one. I've just finished a creep that stands almost 6 feet tall and his eyes light up. Very easy to make and cost less than $50. He will stand on the roof and I will use a vise to keep him in place. DSC06668.jpg DSC06669.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
thehoghunter....

Do you happen to know the dimensions of your skull? I'm looking online for some but am afraid they might be too small. Thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've started putting several skeletons climbing the house. Some hang precariously, some are in the process of breaking and entering, some are catching their breath...

It's great fun to change this up every year. They are the first things that I display and the last to be removed. I also automate them (very simply) whenever possible. e.g. kicking legs, lifting up & down

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks Countess. I would like to see a pic of the dragon on the roof. That spider takes about an hour to do. I always have to ***** at least a week to get my husband to do it with me! ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I found a large demon skull a few years ago, bought some costume hands and built a 5' flying demon....I moved so have to repair him and figure out how to mount him this, once I get it up I'll post another picture

1 - 20 of 21 Posts