Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I promised some pictures once we got things going, so here goes. I will try to get some more in the next few evenings. We open Saturday night and we still have lots to do.

Hope you all don't minds some pictures.

First one is a cool snake that we got off ebay. I'll try to get some better pics, but he's in a snake forest, tons of snakes around and then there is an automated prop that has a snake on it, don't have pics of him yet.

The beloved that I made. I didn't use any particular tutorial, I looked at Rikki's (i think I have it right) and then a few others on the internet, then just made this one night.

Some of the cemetery - before it's finished and before the fences.

My Grim Reaper

A little bit of the spider room

These spiders are huge, brown one came from wal mart $7 This large black one came from a halloween store in St. Louis, he was the last one and was haning on the wall. $17

This is my woman trapped in a web..........

Anyways, thats some of the better pictures. I wish I'd learn how to use my camera a bit better in low light conditions, will keep trying. I will get video of all of the pneumatic props too. Then will try to give a run down of what things are made of, expense, etc.

Sandy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The haunted house is for the Rolla Rural Fire Department, we are in Rolla, Missouri. It's a tax based district, but only until 2 years ago. We have what we call the fireman's fund. It's strictly used by the firefighters (all volunteer). It could go to a new item for the break room, or if an emergency comes up with a family member, etc. Any money made from the haunted house goes into the fund. The fire department has done it for maybe nearly 20 years. Used to be very basic, but in last few years, it has grown in popularity.

It's a lot of hard work. My boyfriend and I basically organize it. He's the brains behind the automated stuff and ideas. I do a lot of the static stuff, do the advertising, get donations, etc. Theres a small group of us (5 this year) that really put it all together.

I can't wait to get videos of the pneumatic props this year, a spider, suffocating hanging guy, a saw, a monster under the bed, snake and coffin jumper. Boyfriend was finishing the saw room when I left. I worked on some "mannequins" and did more cobwebs.

Thanks to everyone! I will keep posting pics. I forgot my camera tonight, but nothing new got done. Hopefully tomorrow night we will get all the airlines ran and I can st art getting videos of the pneumatic props.

Sandy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I meant to add on the spider room. I am terrified, petrified of spiders. I literally can't stand the picture of one, never touched a toy one until this year. I kept thinking of the spider things that creep me out and a lot of women are scared of them. Then the next thing I knew, I was making a spider room. I only bought spiders that gave me the creeps. Wait until you see the one we have on the pneumatic cylinder, he's just plain real looking and large.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts