Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sept 3rd is a special day and will help kick start my outside decor.

Halloween 2009

I just received my preferred customer private event invitation. I feel so important...and excited. For those not in So Cal, this is a very high end nursery in a very high end portion of Orange County. I love going there for ideas during the planting season but really enjoy what they do for Halloween and Christmas.

They have some great artists that make the place look amazing. Don't let the term nursery fool you. They sell so much more.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey, neighbor! Isn't Roger's just amazing? We've been going there every Halloween for the past 6 years or so. I am a little disappointed, though, that A) I won't be getting an invite this year, as I didn't buy anything in the past 12 months, and B) instead of a new theme, they're kinda rehashing the Mad Madeline theme.
If you go on opening night, have a great time!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I adore Rogers Gardens! I'm not sure if there's more than one as I've only been to the one these guys are talking about. I took TONS of photos last year and I'm sure I will again. I only buy at Halloween time so I'll be there September 4th, eagerly waiting to see what beautiful displays they've come up with this year.

·
Mistress of the 7 Seas
847 Posts
And here I was thinking they only did X-mas!!!! I've never been in the fall, I guess I'm just to darn busy building to even think of going to a nursery! I just might see if I can squeeze a trip in this year. Thanks for mentioning this Johan!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mom sends me plant arrangements from there for every possible holiday that usually includes a small yet still generous gift certificate. I save them all up for Halloween. I almost like their displays more than what they are selling out of them but it is still a neat afternoon break for idea gathering.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We went on Saturday. It always seems to be the case that I like their props more than the items they sell yet they always do get some of my money.

The magic room with the flying cards was interesting. We are borrowing that concept for our fortune teller area except we are using tarot cards exploding from a Ouija board and flying through the air over the heads of our guests.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Here are my pics from Opening Night:
Halloween Forum - BadTableManor's Album: Roger's Gardens Halloween '09

I have to say, I'm a little tired of the Changing Portraits, and I was disappointed to see that they jacked up the prices for them as well. *Pfft*

I agree with Johan about liking the props more than the merchandise. What I wonder is how I can get there 1/2 hour after opening, yet all of the props say "SOLD"?

Anway, it was a great date for my son and me, and free fun is always a good thing.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I so miss Roger's Gardens... I moved away 12 years ago... Always went to look at their displays. Rarely bought anything but always loved what they did. That's for sharing the photos! Brings back a lot of good memories.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think they actually sell the props. My gut says they do that so people don't ask. I will be going back so I will ask.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts