Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rocky is a NightFire Skeleton animated rocking in a rocking chair. Just made him over the weekend, I stumbled into the Skelly and had a motor and a picovolt laying around. Tell me what you think? :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No Feedback guys? Does it look good, does it look bad? Anything I should add?

·
Super Moderator
5,901 Posts
The only thing I would change is the palm of the hands are currently "Up". I would attempt to get them DOWN. (if the wrists on that skelly don't turn, you can lop the hands off and attach them correctly to the opposite arm?) And maybe either move the chairs arms, or the skelly's arms to get them on the actual arm rests of the chair.

I really like the look in the dark.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the feedback Un0rthod0x! Yeah, i know the hands are in the wrong position, and no they will not twist correctly. So the solution would be to lop off the hands and transpose them. Initially I did have the arms on the arm rests, but it just didn't work out well. The arms either want to be on the inside of the chair or the outside. When the arms were directly on the arm rests, it bound up the motor and I about snapped off an arm.

·
Super Moderator
5,901 Posts
Thanx for the feedback Un0rthod0x! Yeah, i know the hands are in the wrong position, and no they will not twist correctly. So the solution would be to lop off the hands and transpose them. Initially I did have the arms on the arm rests, but it just didn't work out well. The arms either want to be on the inside of the chair or the outside. When the arms were directly on the arm rests, it bound up the motor and I about snapped off an arm.

Hmm, studying the video more closely, that bind up would have been from the eblow, which travels below the arm rest. You could shorten the arm rests to allow for that movement if you wanted, or decrease the forward motion of the skeleton as a whole (but I'm not sure what that would do for the rocking)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the binding was being caused by the elbows. Initially I did have the forward motion restricted, but, at that point the skeleton moved, but the chair didn't rock. So I increased the range of motion, which caused the Chair to Rock, but "Rocky" to bind up. It's amazing all the little tweaks you've got to make on these kind of things.

·
Mistress of Mayhem
560 Posts
That's a very cool prop! Nice twist on the Rockin' Granny, and looks soooo much simpler than the thing I made last year to get the same motion! :p lol I really like the skeleton doing the rocking, and he seems like he's having a blast too. hehehe

As for the hands, can you put them down by his thighs instead? I don't know if that would cause problems, but it might make it look like he's even more enthusiastic about the rocking, which -might- enhance the creepiness, not sure. Cool prop though, and he looks extra cool in the dark!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree with Mordessa, try the hands on the thighs if you can. He looks like he's having a blast!!! I REALLY like him at night!!! Nicely done.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ROCK ON ROCKY!!! Great work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts