Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Rocking Granny last week. I think she is a very cool prop. We have her setting in our living room on a chair.
Does anyone else have her yet? I was wondering what others thought of her audio cd. I seems very lame to me. For her price, I would have thought they could have done a better job.
Sorry dont know how to add a picture.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We found a great dealer that lives around Tampa. We paid $300.00 for her. Since we drove to pick her up we avoided the shipping & handling fees. She is very neat. I'm not going to put her in the rocking chair though. When she sets in a regular chair she moves back and forth like a mental patient. In the dark it will be hard for tots to tell if she is a real person or not. If someone will tell me how to post pictures I will put it on later.

·
Registered
97 Posts
granny

I got her in March at Transworld from Morris Costumes. I really like her but you are right about her soundtrack. It is just silly. Her retail price is higher than something you would get from Gemmy but all her mechanical parts are made of metal not plastic. We have had her running daily since March without any problems.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't know if its true, but we were told that Granny will be in short supply. There was a shortage supply of the black box that makes her work. The company that makes the box is trying to fill the order, but they wont have them all done by Halloween.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was wondering if I'm the only one attempting to build this over priced prop myself. I have already bought the clothes, glasses, pearls, purse, cane, rocking chair, manequin torso, old hag head, and lightning fx machine for voice hack. I plan to change her design a little, by using a witch spirit ball head in which I will eliminate the ball and secure it to the manequin body I will put granny glasses on her and give her a voice change over, she will be wearing a mop cap/ bonnet, pearl necklace, a vintage type granny dress with shawl and white open toe strap shoes ,anklet stockings that I will roll down in the old granny fashion and I just have to poke a toe or two though a hole in them. to finish off the look I will set a white leatherette purse on her lap and a cane next to her chair. So far I have spent $208 but still need to buy a motor, 2 hands, 2 feet with calves and misscelaneous parts. In total this prop will cost about $300, expensive but at least I know it will be better dressed, include a rocking chair and will have unique phrases.

The one thing I was wondering was if someone could take a peak under her dress and post some pictures of her up close and personal, to show what makes her tick. I need to decide how I'm going to make the chair rock.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was wondering if I'm the only one attempting to build this over priced prop myself. I have already bought the clothes, glasses, pearls, purse, cane, rocking chair, manequin torso, old hag head, and lightning fx machine for voice hack. I plan to change her design a little, by using a witch spirit ball head in which I will eliminate the ball and secure it to the manequin body I will put granny glasses on her and give her a voice change over, she will be wearing a mop cap/ bonnet, pearl necklace, a vintage type granny dress with shawl and white open toe strap shoes ,anklet stockings that I will roll down in the old granny fashion and I just have to poke a toe or two though a hole in them. to finish off the look I will set a white leatherette purse on her lap and a cane next to her chair. So far I have spent $208 but still need to buy a motor, 2 hands, 2 feet with calves and misscelaneous parts. In total this prop will cost about $300, expensive but at least I know it will be better dressed, include a rocking chair and will have unique phrases.

The one thing I was wondering was if someone could take a peak under her dress and post some pictures of her up close and personal, to show what makes her tick. I need to decide how I'm going to make the chair rock.
I'll take a peek and send you pics...a windshield wiper motor should work perfectly, as that is the same type of mechanism under her nightie, more or less...
Not sure about the overpriced part...mine cost around 180.00...
can you post pics of her in progress?

·
Registered
13 Posts

I'm building my own version of this prop also. I found an old straight back chair at a yard sale for $3, and made some rockers out of wood from my shop. My wiper motor and controller should be here tomorrow. I would like to see the mechanism myself, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out. I would like to find a really psycho/insane/mumbling sounding track to use with her. Haven't found anything usable yet.

I just finished my first new prop for 09 last week. He's and animated grave digger to go in the graveyard. He looks pretty good. About 5-1/2 ft tall, and has a shovel which also makes him bend at the waist like he is digging a grave.

Just found this forum a couple weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying seeing all the props!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm building my own version of this prop also. I found an old straight back chair at a yard sale for $3, and made some rockers out of wood from my shop. My wiper motor and controller should be here tomorrow. I would like to see the mechanism myself, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out. I would like to find a really psycho/insane/mumbling sounding track to use with her. Haven't found anything usable yet.

I just finished my first new prop for 09 last week. He's and animated grave digger to go in the graveyard. He looks pretty good. About 5-1/2 ft tall, and has a shovel which also makes him bend at the waist like he is digging a grave.

Just found this forum a couple weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying seeing all the props!
Hey smaynor I'm glad to hear someone else is attempting to make their own rocking granny. Maybe we can colaborate with the script, because I am also trying to come up with something suitable. I have details for granny's design that I would be happy to share with you if you are interested
For voice over talent try the link below. The service is excellent and reasonably priced. PM me if you want info.

Voices.com | All Male and Female Voice Over Talent

1 - 20 of 20 Posts