Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I need an idea on how to make a rocking chair rock back and forth at a flick of a swtich. Any Ideas? Also, how about creppy girl sounds. Thanks Jon. going back in the shop now. Just try and get me out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
rocking chair

Hi Boozers22,
I built a mechanical rocking chair and works very well. I started with a common chair, mounted a gear motor to the bottom side of the chair attached an arm that is abount 2-3" long the the motor shaft and attached a 3/4 x 1/8 bar stock that reached the bottom of the chair to that arm . I set the chair on a piece of plywood and attached it in the rear with 2 screws through the runners (the holes in the runners have to be elongated to allow for the movment of the chair) Then attach the bar stock to the plywood towards the front of the chair and plug it in. Sorry I dont have any pics to show you. I will try to answer any questions. If need be I will take some pics and send them to you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I also dont have any pics of the one I made last year and have not built one yet for this year, but I took a small battery powered "Knex" motor and I cut out a round piece of plexi glass about 4in round. I drilled a hole in the round plastic disk (plexi glass) off center so as the little motor turned it it would rub and the bottom of one of the rails causing it to rock back and forth.

Not sure I explained it very well but it was super easy and cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts