Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favorite movies of all time, love the classic and will have to see the remake sometime. All the hype actually reinvigorated my interest in the original which is a classic, and I first saw it as a kid in theaters in 1987 and loved it. I always wanted to make this costume but held off as it would be very time consuming but I might just make one soon, I got the mass produced one for my collection which is not that bad, actually pretty good for mass produced one, and would save me a lot of time modifying it as and love the undermask, chest plate, armor, and ribbed abdominal piece especially. The helmet is nice and light and thin plastic and I might make one also from scratch if I get time. Eventually I would like to sculpt the full armor out of foam which would take quite awhile as I am so busy making costumes for others. But I might try it on the side for fun. I always wanted to be ROBOCOP so I might just have to make that dream a reality for myself next! "Excuse me, I have to go. Somewhere there is a crime happening."

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Nice collection. I cannot say that I remember seeing the costume, but it looks pretty accurate for being mass-produced, which is a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I don't collect figures to keep them boxed and worry about value later on, I collect them to enjoy and pose them as they were intended to be. I don't have the room to keep figures in boxes also, and if I had a huge house I would have two of each. But I don't buy figures to keep them in boxes to sell later I buy them to pose and enjoy and use as inspiration for my costumes and life-sized figures. I tried collecting them in boxes before and quickly ran out of room and felt like a complete waste. They are articulated for a reason. So decreased value means nothing to me as I don't buy with an intent to store and sell later. I buy to enjoy them now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
LOL, I figured that, but when I saw them in their packaging and then un-boxed, it reminded me of the episode of Big Bang Theory that I linked to. Thats all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts