Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
He's been teasing this for awhile. I've been a fan of the music since the White Zombie days, but his movies don't appeal to me much. I thought his Halloween movies were an abomination and Scout Taylor Compton can't act her way out of a paper bag which made them that much worse. House of 1000 Corpses was nothing original. Devils Rejects was tolerable but I really would like to see him get out of the white trash hick state of mind. Lords of Salem I liked. It was different.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's been teasing this for awhile. I've been a fan of the music since the White Zombie days, but his movies don't appeal to me much. I thought his Halloween movies were an abomination and Scout Taylor Compton can't act her way out of a paper bag which made them that much worse. House of 1000 Corpses was nothing original. Devils Rejects was tolerable but I really would like to see him get out of the white trash hick state of mind. Lords of Salem I liked. It was different.
I hear you on the Halloween films he did and House of 1000 Corpses to me felt like TCM 2 Rehash but it did produce one of my favorite horror characters Captain Spaulding

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I hated Devil's Rejects. House of 1000 Corpses was the better of those two movies, in my opinion.

I HATED the actress who played Laurie Strode in the new Halloween movies (in addition to agreeing that they are a total abomination). She was terrible. What in the WORLD was that second movie? I literally laughed at how terrible it was...but not in the good Sharknado kind of way.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Lords of Salem was good. All horror movie makers have good movies, and bad movies. He can't always make movies as iconic as, "The Devil's Rejects , and, "House of 1000 Corpses."

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,613 Posts
I like horror movies made by horror fans & RZ is definitely a horror fan. I liked his first 2 movies, 1,000 Corpses & Devil's Rejects, but they sorta fall apart at some point. I truly HATED Lords of Salem, but they're still proof that fairly original horror is out there & to be made. They both definitely had that Tobe Hooper-70s era-grindhouse vibe, an homage if you will yet not a outright remake of TCM, & I liked that too.

I also like that he has a core group he uses, though I'm over his wife Sherri. She pretty but not the best actress. But then I guess sometimes these movies don't need Oscar quality acting.

And as others have pointed out, he did give us another great horror icon in Capt. Spaulding. Which really is more a testament to Sid Haig's acting abilities than anything else. Another actor would've have gone over or under on the character but Sid was spot on.

I like the dude enough to check this out at home.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I love House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects but hated the Halloween films & Lords of Salem. With LOS I expected a lot more because Zombie's other original films were so good. Let's hope that he goes back to his roots and makes something that's over the top and atmospheric.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like horror movies made by horror fans & RZ is definitely a horror fan. I liked his first 2 movies, 1,000 Corpses & Devil's Rejects, but they sorta fall apart at some point. I truly HATED Lords of Salem, but they're still proof that fairly original horror is out there & to be made. They both definitely had that Tobe Hooper-70s era-grindhouse vibe, an homage if you will yet not a outright remake of TCM, & I liked that too.

I also like that he has a core group he uses, though I'm over his wife Sherri. She pretty but not the best actress. But then I guess sometimes these movies don't need Oscar quality acting.

And as others have pointed out, he did give us another great horror icon in Capt. Spaulding. Which really is more a testament to Sid Haig's acting abilities than anything else. Another actor would've have gone over or under on the character but Sid was spot on.

I like the dude enough to check this out at home.

Sid Haig definitely made Capt. Spaulding great

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm really disappointed I have to wait so very long for this movie to release, as it's not even being filmed yet :( I think I saw filming won't start until the Fall. I love Rob Zombie's movies and I expect this one to be just as awesome as all the others.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm really disappointed I have to wait so very long for this movie to release, as it's not even being filmed yet :( I think I saw filming won't start until the Fall. I love Rob Zombie's movies and I expect this one to be just as awesome as all the others.
I hope he casts Bill Moseley in this film.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I liked House of a 1000 Corpses ok hated the Halloween movies and Didn't care for Lords of Salem . I also agree he does need to down play the white trash element. Don't enjoy that all. now I am not a prude and actually can cuss like a sailor but the langauge that the characters used in Halloween movies I thought was just distracting filler.

·
Registered
138 Posts
For some reason it is being crowd sourced. This is a complete slap in the face to indie directors without the resources Rob has.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For some reason it is being crowd sourced. This is a complete slap in the face to indie directors without the resources Rob has.
Or maybe Rob Zombie wants a little more creative freedom with one of his films which might be a reason to seek crowd sourced funding.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Has anyone else contributed to the film on his site? I've purchased one of the film crew shirts as well as a Rob Zombie meet and greet at an upcoming show he's having. It's gonna be the first time I meet someone who I adore as much as I love him, so I'm not sure how I'm gonna act! ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has anyone else contributed to the film on his site? I've purchased one of the film crew shirts as well as a Rob Zombie meet and greet at an upcoming show he's having. It's gonna be the first time I meet someone who I adore as much as I love him, so I'm not sure how I'm gonna act! ;)
Woah that is cool you need to take pics when you meet him and posted them! :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
I love House of 1,000 Corpses (c'mon, young Dwight Schrute is in it! LOL), did NOT like Devil's Rejects, and was bored with Halloween remake. Then again the originals kind of bore me as well. Too slow. Didn't see Lords of Salem, but I wasn't entirely captivated by the previews either, so I didn't have the impetus to actually see it. Seeing him in concert is pretty amazing though!!

I don't have an opinion of this new film, but I have hope that it will be decent. I'm excited for anything Halloween related.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts