Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok no offence to anybody that thinks differently but I believe Rob Zombie should never be allowed near the Halloween franchise ever again. When I saw his remake I thought it was rubbish and now they're letting him make a sequel. And he is changing John Carpenters original storyline. We don't need this crap when the original series is still on hold we all saw Michale Myers wake up at the end of Halloween Ressurection so give us what we want which is HALLOWEEN 9!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know dat but the fact they even thought to make a remake let alone a sequel to the remake its ridiculous.

And its not just halloween its quite a few of John Carpenters movies eg The thing

·
Registered
725 Posts
Zombie has his own unique spin on the horror genre. I for one have enjoyed all his movies. But I will agree that his halloween movie wasnt like the originals and that can be both a good thing and bad thing. Depends on the person I guess.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm with Predatorviper on this one, as much as i do enjoy Rob Zombie's films and style (minus Halloween) i think the feel of his film was way to white trailer park for me. it was very hard for me to care about anyone in this film, especially Lorie, not like Jamie Lee in the original, but it seems that Rob's in the drivers seat on part 2 so i guess we will have to hope for the best

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mr. Frost, that's exactly my feeling too - trailer trash. I also thought the rape was extraneous violence that just left a bad taste in my mouth. There should have been only one monster in this movie. I'll watch what he has to offer next just because I'm always curious about what he'll do with a project. :p

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
When I read that Rob Zombie was making a remake of one of my fave movies, it simply twisted my stomach. I saw a few of his other movies and did not like them at all. That being said, I thought I'd go see it in theatres even though I was worried that he would totally trash it.

To my suprise, I really enjoyed the movie. It gave a bit of a spin by explaining the history of how MM came to be. I enjoyed it so much that it's part of my DVD collection and watch it on Halloween with the original.

So they are making a part 2? Very interesting.....................

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Some of what Rob Zombie done with "Halloween" I thought he did very well.
Other parts made me feel the same as Predatorviper, and that he should never be allowed near the Franchise again.
overall though I think he succeeded in the most part in making quite a dark, atmospheric and disturbing film, to give due credit.

I remember going to see the original "Halloween" at the cinema..and I still find it hard to believe that it's over 30 years old.

John Carpenter created a timeless classic that changed the horror genre forever and will still be talked about long after Mr Zombies version is forgotten.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
:) Sorry I know you all didn't remake Halloween but.....

I hadn't realized that Rob Zombie was remaking Halloween 2. His verson of Halloween 1 sucked. It wasn't scary. So he added a back story big deal. Do we always want to know why movie monsters are that way? No. Well a little maybe. But not too much detail I am not Dr. Phil. Plus Michael in the original seemed to come from a normal family and killed his sister and then other people. That was scary. This Michael's family is Jerry Springer show white trash. Not scary. I have seen a few of Rob's movies and from the ones I've seen I want to know, Does he always have to hire the same cast? Just because he likes looking at his wife doesn't mean the rest of us do.
I guess I should stop complaining but I took several people with me to the theatre to see H1 and when it was over I felt upset that Rob Zombie had gotten any of my money. It will not happen again.
At some point is there going to be remakes of remakes? If so I hope whoever remakes Rob's version of H1 does a better job than he did, so to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Until then I will rewatch the original, low budget but truely scary.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yah I guess that same cast thing is kind of a director signature. Happy Madison films are the same way. Personally I like the regular casts in both. And I definitely don't mind looking at Sheri Moon Zombie. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts